Argon review

General water gun discussion.
Godzillasoaker65

Post by Godzillasoaker65 » Mon Mar 07, 2005 10:11 pm

Argon
Nozzle size 1-2
Tech used ?

The Argon is one of the first super soakers to use the Precharge system. I didn't get how to use it at first, but I managed to figure out. First you push in the Precharge button, and pump until it pops out. Then all you have to do is fill it with water, and pump till the pressure gauge goes up. The range is not so good, but not horrible. I would say from around 35-45 feet. You can choose not to use the Precharge, but I recommend using it since with the precharge button you only need 3-4 pumps! The gun holds 33 ounces of water, and is very light. It has a little button to release the pressure after you're done with it. You could possibly make a strap by tieing string around this little handle in the front, and the cap. It is only $10, and worth getting.

Well do you like it?
Soak, or be soaked that is the question!

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Tue Mar 08, 2005 1:59 am

Just a note: I removed the submissions forum because I prefer receiving submission by email. ;)

Most little reviews are informative, though they many times they don't cover all they should. I've been working on a little review format for future reviews to follow that should hopefully cover a more than the typical review. B)

Godzillasoaker65

Post by Godzillasoaker65 » Tue Mar 08, 2005 1:10 pm

Yeah, that would be helpful. That was my first review, and I don't like how it came out. I might of done better if I didn't rush, but not that better. :(

Dark Elite

Post by Dark Elite » Wed Mar 09, 2005 6:33 pm

Tech Used - ? really does not help... :) The PreCharge system would be interesting to dismantle and analyze, as it seems like a good idea, but is the soaker's actual power air PC, pressurized reservoir or CPS? Actually, it must be air PC, as you can't refill a pressurized reservoir after charging... (not to state the obvious ;) ) and CPS doesn't use air at all, only water so you couldn't pre-charge that.
Actually... (good lord, I'm using ALL my 14 brain cells...) it could be a mutated piston pressure... Not sure how that could work though.
Godzilla, does it fire upside-down, or vertically upwards?
edit- small spelling correction, no biggie :)
Visit <span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:red'>Sam's Supercars

<span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color :o range'><span style='font-family:Arial'><u>My Weaponry</u>
CPS2100 (Thank You King Soaker&#33 ;)
1 Liquidator/Pressurizer
1 Max-D 6000
1 XP310 w/my own power mod and 8 balloon XPS mod
2 piston-pistols (backup)

Godzillasoaker65

Post by Godzillasoaker65 » Thu Mar 10, 2005 10:04 pm

Yep, It fires upside down, and upwards. You can also pump it upside down. I think when you push the precharge button in it opens a valve to let in a certain amount of pressure. It is weird though, because without the precharge it sucks, but if you use the precharge, you can keep using it forever! What I mean is the air pressure you get using the precharge stays there until you take out the pressure using the button that takes out the pressure. Boy, am I confusing the XPBackfire-esque out of myself. :blink:

Jadefalcon09

Post by Jadefalcon09 » Tue Mar 15, 2005 8:06 pm

Yup, that section of the Forums is gone. In the future please do submit this via email. If your intent was to talk about the gun, please state next time in your title Water Warriors Argon: My review and thoughts (would have gotten by with me better.)
edit- please look at this thread, its in capital letters (title) to attract attention.

mackiwi

Post by mackiwi » Wed Mar 16, 2005 3:55 am

Okay...this is how it works. The PC is cylindrical, and an air-tight 'divider' sits down the front of the PC. Push the precharge button in, and pump air into the back of the PC. Button pops out, and then you pump water into the front of the PC, which forces the divider to move towards the back of the PC, against the air you pumped in before. Pull the trigger, and the force of the air pushes the divider against the water which then forces it out. Whew...hope this helps. :)

Dark Elite

Post by Dark Elite » Fri Mar 18, 2005 5:10 pm

Yeah mackiwi, that does help. So does the fact that it can fire and be pumped upside-down. I'm not sure how pumping it upside down can work, but oh well.
Visit <span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:red'>Sam's Supercars

<span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color :o range'><span style='font-family:Arial'><u>My Weaponry</u>
CPS2100 (Thank You King Soaker&#33 ;)
1 Liquidator/Pressurizer
1 Max-D 6000
1 XP310 w/my own power mod and 8 balloon XPS mod
2 piston-pistols (backup)

Godzillasoaker65

Post by Godzillasoaker65 » Fri Mar 18, 2005 10:49 pm

I wanted to put it here so that everyone, could see it, and we could try to figure out how it works, since no one has got one before.