You're invited to the forum of overall knowledge!

Discussion of other water gun websites.
CROC

You're invited to the forum of overall knowledge!

Post by CROC » Tue Jan 16, 2007 1:25 am

I just set up a message board, which covers Nerf, Water Warfare, and some online games. If anyone here wants to join these forums, the site is: The Forum of Overall Knowledge
If you want to access the boards for water warfare, it is required that you register for the site (I am doing this for security from the g00ns that hacked the waterwarfare.com forums, not to force people to join). If you are a moderator here and you would like to moderate at my board, pm my user on the forum of overall knowledge, which is the1scottlyl.
-Croc
It's been a while guys, and its good to be back

Silence

Post by Silence » Tue Jan 16, 2007 2:03 am

It says a user with the name "Silence" already exists. But you're the only person registered...

All in all, I doubt I'll ever be able to check it, but I'm joining just to support the site. ;)

You might want to use this in conjunction with your main site.

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Tue Jan 16, 2007 2:17 am

CROC wrote:If you want to access the boards for water warfare, it is required that you register for the site (I am doing this for security from the g00ns that hacked the waterwarfare.com forums, not to force people to join).
The g00ns didn't even register an account. They used an SQL injection attack and it didn't do anything except turn the board offline with a silly message. Nothing to worry about. And certainly less to worry about on a software like the one your forum uses. That's pretty obscure and they probably don't know any techniques for it. Of course, security by obscurity isn't good security, but I don't think you'll have any problems of that sort.

Good luck. Remember, your website won't take off if you only post it on forums. You have to have a dedicated plan to get visitors. Once you have a good one, your forum will take off.

:)

CROC

Post by CROC » Tue Jan 16, 2007 2:46 am

@ Silence/SilentGuy: They just mean that there is someone on the whole domain that has that username. Try SilentGuy, and if that does not work, make up a name :D I dont mean to be rude by saying this, but it is the only way to say it.
-Croc

Silence

Post by Silence » Tue Jan 16, 2007 3:42 am

Ah, thanks! That explains it. Either you know the system in and out completely, or you encountered the same problem, I suppose.

Thanks anyway, and we'll see what conversation turns up!

EDIT: Checked it out, it's actually a pretty neat system. I guess you can just use that profile on other boards at that website, pretty neat. Anyway, good luck!
Last edited by Silence on Tue Jan 16, 2007 3:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

CROC

Post by CROC » Tue Jan 16, 2007 3:44 am

The reason why I thought of that is this: When I tried to make my file name "CROC" like on almost every other forum, I got a "this username is already in use". That is why I recommended that you try some different names
~CROC
-Croc

Silence

Post by Silence » Tue Jan 16, 2007 3:49 am

That explains it. ;)
SilentGuy wrote:EDIT: Checked it out, it's actually a pretty neat system. I guess you can just use that profile on other boards at that website, pretty neat. Anyway, good luck!
Don't think you saw it, as I hadn't bothered to refresh the page before editing.

CROC

Post by CROC » Wed Jan 17, 2007 12:36 am

I have moved the forums over to InvisionBoard, here is the link:
NEW FORUM LINK
-Croc