What Do U Do If Your Trigger Breaks Clean Off?

Repairs to water guns. Please put repair topics in this forum so that people do not have to sort through so many topics when looking for a repair. If a fix is included in the topic, please add (Fixed) before the topic title to indicate so.
HappyDappy

Post by HappyDappy » Thu Jun 17, 2004 3:06 am

Its that darn old 4100 again. I was fooling around with the neighbourhood kids when I heard a snap

the trigger had snapped off at the small section atached to the slide
rendering my soaker useless.

I noticed an article on the site:

http://www.sscentral.net/tech/repairs/trigger.php

it is about reinforcing the trigger if it cracks a little.
what do u do if the whole trigger snaps off?

should u do the same thing or will that not be enough?

please help

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Thu Jun 17, 2004 3:40 am

You should do the same thing. You might want to put another strip on the side opposite of the crack in my pic, the flat side. That way you get double reinforcement.

blaze

Post by blaze » Thu Jun 17, 2004 4:59 am

What I did when one of my 4100's triggers broke was drill two holes: one in the broken part, near the break, and one on the part still in the gun, near the break. Then I used a nail (not wire, wire is weak and will not help at all) in a way kind of like a wire to create a loop of metal going through both the holes you just drilled. Then, I smothered the entire trigger area with Plastic Welder (epoxy will also work, although not as well). Since the trigger area was much bigger and the trigger would get stuck between the plastic around it on the shell, I simple took some wire cutters and cut away at the plastic around the trigger, until the trigger could run smooth. Now that trigger area is like 20 times stronger than before and is the strongest area of the ENTIRE GUN. This is much more difficult than the reinforcement that Doom has, but if you decide to do this, and do it sucessfully, this is much, much stronger than a simple trigger reinforcement.

DX

Post by DX » Thu Jun 17, 2004 6:11 pm

Then I used a nail (not wire, wire is weak and will not help at all) in a way kind of like a wire to create a loop of metal going through both the holes you just drilled.
? "That makes nay sense at all. Please word that better. I would try your repair if I could understand it. You can't bend a regular sized nail into a "loop of metal going through both holes." Also, please specify the diameter of the holes that should be drilled.
should u do the same thing or will that not be enough?
It probably won't be enough. No one has more woe than me when it comes to a broken trigger. My 4100 trigger has been repaired 13 times and broken 12.
However you decide to fix it, do it well, and make sure you won't have to fix it again.
Mess With the Best, Get Soaked Like the Rest!

2004 Red Sox - World Series Champions
2007 Red Sox - World Series Champions!

HappyDappy

Post by HappyDappy » Fri Jun 18, 2004 10:35 pm

the part where the trigger ataches to the slide (which, by the way, is a tube) is very small.
there is hardly room to drill a hole or attach another strip of metal to the top

I have another question for anyone who actually owns a 4100.

the little roller piece on the slide piece located just behind the tube...is it really necessary ?

because if I cut that off, it would be a heck of a lot easier to fix