Rules...

Topics about water war tactics, water war planning, and past water war stories.
Travis

Rules...

Post by Travis » Thu Apr 20, 2006 4:38 pm

What rules does everyone use for battles?
Capture the flag get's old after a a while ya know? :D

WaTer FigHt NoOb

Post by WaTer FigHt NoOb » Mon Apr 24, 2006 2:07 pm

The rules we use are very simple.

Tape a small bit of tissue to the front and back of the torso and once either piece is blasted away then you are out for about five minutes.

Once you are out you have to leave your gun in the place you were last standing before you got out. (guns are returned to the owner after each match)
We then play capture the flag, capture the base (assault) or death match.

The tissue idea stops stupid people who will rush three people get soaked and not really do much damage.

Silence

Post by Silence » Mon Apr 24, 2006 8:53 pm

Hmmm...a cheap version of SoakerTag. I like that :cool: !

WaTer FigHt NoOb

Post by WaTer FigHt NoOb » Mon Apr 24, 2006 10:15 pm

Yes, About the tissue thing. we tried paper before that but it took two long blast away paper. Tissue is nice because its a bigger target that soaker tag and is easily blasted away. (i don't know how easy is it to blast away soaker tags?)

Silence

Post by Silence » Tue Apr 25, 2006 12:46 am

The thing about SoakerTags, and why I like the idea of them, is that they don't just "blast off." They consist of a biodegrade able material :) that dissolves in a good amount of water; thus, you need to strategically blast certain areas, and use a decent (but not excessive) amount of water to kill somebody. This way, you can also allow people to have "second chances" if the teams are given multiple SoakerTags.

Now, where I was getting to--the tissue paper method doesn't allow being shot for a while before it completely disappears, making kills a bit too easy (not really, but for me, yes).

CaptainSMhoward

Post by CaptainSMhoward » Sun Jun 04, 2006 4:08 am

Bloody water war rules:

bloody water war is a game that simulates real war. The game is played in a large campsite or local woods. The soldiers are devided into 2 teams red and blue. The teams must camp out and attack and defend thier bases. The only ways to wina are two totally sorround each soldier on the opposing team or for the team leader to sorrender. Light combat such as tackling is allowed but the only blood shed should be fo endourence of the wilderness. Last there ae the laws of war including:

1.no chemicals such as dish soap or stuff like hot sauce.

2.teams must have something the same to identifie each other as friend or foe (my team wore uniforms).

3.no direct fist fighting

as in real war you can break these rules with no penalty ut at the rish of your honor
Captain S.M Howard

SS_Stencil

Post by SS_Stencil » Sun Jun 04, 2006 7:44 pm

Geez, That pretty blood thursty.

I just play:

Get hit by a solid stream, go back to the respawn place.

Sometimes we do points or lives.

I have a full set of rules but its way too long.

Cioa.
:cool:

Airpi

Post by Airpi » Mon Jun 05, 2006 8:58 pm

Ah, I wish people around here were chill enough to do real war simulation (contradiction in what now?) like that. I've always liked systems where theres more at stake then 1 minute repsawn.
Current Projects:
K-Mod/Single Barrel Mod for CPS 1-3-5
Project "Boom Headshot", Aqualabs 3.2 WBL

DX

Post by DX » Mon Jun 05, 2006 9:08 pm

The new rules draft for the local teams is quite long. A few teams do fight as if real war, but we conduct our wars more professionally than most...

[Sections I-VIII are for Standard 1HK Lives]

Section I: Powers of Commanders

1. The powers of commanders cannot be regulated or restricted unless agreed upon by all commanders present

2. All commanders have the power to enforce rules and enact punishment

3. A war is not to take place unless at least one commander from each team agrees to a place and time

4. In case of an emergency, 3 long whistle blasts can be used to signal the other team. This action automatically stops play until the matter is resolved

5. Commanders are to keep score, and honestly.

6. Commanders may promote or demote other players, including to/from the rank of commander

7. Any commander may call for a halt in fighting at any time, which will either be accepted or denied by any commander of the other team. There has to be a legit reason for pausing the battle, such as an emergency or kill dispute

Section II: Behavior

1. Timeouts may not be called unless agreed upon by both teams or if there is a real medical emergency [minor scratches don't count]

2. No one is allowed to fake an injury for any reason

3. A player is vulnerable to be hit at any time during a war [A hit on a refilling player is perfectly legal]

4. No Physical Contact/violence is allowed. Violation of this rule automatically stops play and the offending player may be asked to leave. Play does NOT resume until problems are settled

5. All players must obey decisions of their commanders

6. All players must admit when they have clearly been hit

7. Players have the right to dispute a kill if it is not clearly a kill. This action automatically halts gameplay and both teams must meet to "parley" and work out the dispute. Gameplay does NOT resume until a kill dispute is resolved

8. Players may not betray their own team or switch teams during a battle. Players are also not allowed to switch teams during the fighting season

Section III: Kill-Related Rules

1. A direct hit anywhere on a player's shirt counts as a kill

2. A fist-sized spot anywhere on a player's shirt counts as a kill

3. Players can not take off their shirts

4. Purposeful friendly fire does not count

5. Accidental friendly fire does count

6. Water to the shirt from rain does not count

7. If you fall in a body of water and your shirt gets wet, that does not count

8. Leaking water from a gun that gets on your shirt does not count

9. If you shoot yourself in the shirt, that is considered suicide and counts as -1 against your team's score

10. A team can have a negative score

11. Players have a 2 minute grace period after being hit. They may refill and leave the area during that time. After 2 minutes, dead players are considered respawned and are back in play

12. Opposing troops can not "camp" a spawn area and must give "dead" players at least 200 ft of breathing room, when physically possible

13. If live players are in the vicinity of a dead player, clause III-13 does not apply

14. If a whole team is eliminated, they get a free refill in any neutral territory [Example: You can't pass the enemy to refill in an area behind them that they control at the moment]

15. Shields are banned. Any mobile item that blocks a shirt is considered a shield. Backpacks and guns are not shields

16. Kills made before a battle officially starts and after a battle officially ends do not count

17. Players have infinate lives

18. 1 kill = 1 point, team with the most points at the end of the battle wins

Section IV: Possessions

1. Any backpacks or other gear of anyone on any team can be raided at any time. All items must be returned after the battle has ended

2. Damages are the responisbility of the person who took or damaged the possession. They must replace the item

3. Supply caches are fair game and clause IV-2 does not apply to them

4. Fortifications of any kind may not be dismantled by either team. They may only be destroyed via combat action, aka via water gun streams

Section V: Technology

1. There are no restrictions on modded guns, homemades, water launchers/cannons, or water balloon launchers. As long as it shoots water, you can use it

2. The "45 degree rule": Water balloon launchers may not be fired at an angle lower than 45 degrees. However, there is no limit to how much pressure can be used

3. Clause V-2 does not apply to Water launchers/cannons, at least not yet

4. Commanders are to enforce safe use of artillery and are responsible for all launchers

5. Players may use as many guns as they can carry or cache, regardless of size, class, etc

6. Players may paint their guns and make repairs on the field if necessary

Section VI: Water Supplies/Filling Up

1. Players may cache or bring in an unlimited amount of water

2. Players may refill from any source they find, as long as it is water and water only. Streams, ponds, puddles, water fountains, bottles, jugs, any of that containing water is legal

3. Hoses are not available and therefore can not be used. No player may enter a private house next to/on a battlefield [not even your own] for any reason, including to refill

4. Water splashed on the shirt from refilling does not count as a kill

5. Players may fill water balloons from guns if their nozzles support it

Section VII: Non-Combatants

1. Recognized Non-Combatants are cameramen, observors, civilians, and pets

2. Non-Combatants may not hold any kind of weapon, shoot any weapon, interefere, or interact with combatants in a way that gives one or both sides advantages. [You can talk, but that's it]

3. Non-combatants can not be hit or score points. Shots at non-combatants do not count, and shots made by non-combatants do not count either

Section VIII: Boundaries

1. Boundaries are drawn up by the host team's commanders. A war can not start until both teams are informed of the boundaries if they are not already known

2. Going out of bounds accidentally may result in automatic kills of the player involved

3. Going out of bounds purposefully [AKA CHEATING] may result in an automatic forfeit by the team whose player performed the act

4. The host team is obligated to warn the other team when they are approaching an out of bounds line

Section IX: Amendments for Other Game Types

1. Amendments replace Section III and all of its clauses, and Section III ONLY

2. Amendments to Section III can be made for any game type that can be thought up

Section X: Amendments for 1HK Scenario-Based

1. Clauses III-1-17 remain in effect

2. Winning 1 scenario = 1 point, no matter how many kills are made. Kills do not score points

3. A scenario must include a defensive and offensive task, and a time limit must be specified

4. The offense is successful if they drive the defense away or kill the whole defensive side within the given time limit

5. The defence is successful if they hold out or kill the whole offensive side within the given time limit

Section XI: Amendments for 1HK Team Elimination

1. Clauses III-1-8 and 15-16 remain in effect

2. Shooting yourself in the shirt is a suicide, and you are out

3. There are no points. If you get hit, you are out for the game. The team which takes out the entire other side wins

Section XII: Amendments for 1HK Every Man For Himself Lives

1. Clauses III-1-8, 11, and 15-17 remain in effect

2. There are no teams. Players can not gang up one one person, unless it is unplanned and uncommunicated

3. 1 Hit/kill = 1 point, the player with the most points at the end of the war wins

Section XIII Amendments for 1HK Capture the Flag Lives
Section XIV: Amendments for 1HK Capture the Flag Elimination
Section XV: Amendments for 1HK Every Man For Himself
Section XVI: Amendments for 1HK Protect The VIP
Section XVII: Amendments for 1HK Territory Lives
Section XVIII: Amendments for 1HK Territory Elimination
Section XIX: Amendments for Soakfest
Section XX: Amendments for Regional Wars
Section XXI: Amendments for Guests

Will finish this later ^
Mess With the Best, Get Soaked Like the Rest!

2004 Red Sox - World Series Champions
2007 Red Sox - World Series Champions!

13lack-ace

STUPID RULES

Post by 13lack-ace » Sun Sep 10, 2006 5:32 am

Hmm im starting to dislike rules there turning agianst my weapons...
See I myself like tanks & stuff to destory vechials and cars so mates & me found this baby:

*** REMOVED ***
Last edited by SSCBen on Sun Sep 10, 2006 1:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"A good plan, violently executed now, is better than a perfect plan next week."

''America loves a winner, and will not tolerate a loser, this is why America has never, and will never, lose a war.”

Silence

Post by Silence » Sun Sep 10, 2006 2:36 pm

There's a reason there are rules in the first place...and you've just shown us why. By the way, we also have other rules, and you've violated practically everything in your last post.

ZOCCOZ

Post by ZOCCOZ » Sun Sep 10, 2006 9:36 pm

13lack-ace wrote:Hmm im starting to dislike rules there turning agianst my weapons...
See I myself like tanks & stuff to destory vechials and cars so mates & me found this baby:

*** REMOVED ***

So what store sells those Super Soaker vehicles? Is it walmart?
I should point out that there is a difference between War Games and War Simulation. War games can be even chess and Dodgeball, while War Simulation is someone pressing a fairly realistic firearm replica or actual firearm with blanks or training ammo in your hand and if you get hit you are immidietly out of the game. That or Sentry elimantion drills. Since we are talking about waterguns, we are so far away from War Simulation as a hotdog eating contest. So yeah, while fantasy war games are fun, war simulation with water guns is absurd and should not be refered as that. Otherwhise actual military personel or war re-inactors will have a good giggle on your expense people. That, or they get fairly offended.

13lack-ace

I asked for rules

Post by 13lack-ace » Mon Sep 11, 2006 7:36 am

Well sorry... Yes i agree war games are stupid and we are talking about water guns but i said CAN SOME ONE POINT OUT RULES? i have just recently read them so know i know not to make them??? get the point & silent guy please lay of my case... im getting quite sick of you... this is about my 7 day online yet i have already been nagged enough.
"A good plan, violently executed now, is better than a perfect plan next week."

''America loves a winner, and will not tolerate a loser, this is why America has never, and will never, lose a war.”

joannaardway

Post by joannaardway » Mon Sep 11, 2006 5:09 pm

13lack-ace, you are constantly getting annoyed with people, even after polite response. Why?

The raw truth is:

There are no hard and fast rules, only suggestions. You are free to develop your own, we cannot impose any on you.

Rules can range from the really simple to seriously complex ones.

There are enough suggestions for rules around the forum - use the search function.
"Over the hills and far away, she prays he will return one day. As sure as the rivers reach the seas, back in his arms again she'll be." - Over the Hills and far away, Gary Moore

"So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by. Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky" - More than a feeling, Boston

Silence

Post by Silence » Tue Sep 12, 2006 12:39 am

I am no longer sure whether we are discussing the forum rules or real water warfare rules. Whatever the case may be, please stop getting on my case.

Reading through your post and working through all the grammatical errors, I finally see that you're saying you've now seen the rules and are abiding by them. Ah, but you're not. Compare your post to those of everybody else and look at the quality; this isn't IM. Here's a link to the official rules.

Oh, and it's obvious when somebody isn't obeying by the rules. Don't act innocent after using poor spelling and grammar, insulting and flaming members, getting angry at other's questions and suggestions (why couldn't you just put your location as Australia? All we said was that it was distracting), and deciding to be rude and ignoring the constructive criticism of others. Oh, and 1334 isn't allowed, even in your name. If anything bad comes out of this, you have nobody to blame but yourself.