Hello Everyone

Threads about water gun modifications.
GituSlinger2

Hello Everyone

Post by GituSlinger2 » Thu Mar 16, 2006 6:48 pm

Hello to everyone on the site. I am definitely interested in the whole modding idea. However since I am only able to go out and buy the new Overloaded Supersoakers from stores now, I feel a little sad. Are there any mods for these newer guns? Also I am interested in buying two waterguns the CPS 2000 and the CPS Monster XL. I understand that these are harder to come by so I would be more then happy to give a fair price that was seen underneath your price guide. An one more side note. If anyone is really good at building costumed waterguns with the mods already implanted. I would be more then willing to pay for those to. I do not have access to the type of tools needed I think. I can also set up a paypal account or whatever would make the transaction a smooth one. Thank you guys for letting me join up with the club and I hope to continue to see and learn from the site.

From
Bill

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Fri Mar 17, 2006 1:31 am

Welcome to Super Soaker Central!

The newer Super Soakers can have many modifications. All of the basic modifications such as nozzle drilling, check valve freezing and such are still options.

However, because only one water gun (the Super Soaker Flash Flood) is a CPS-powered blaster, only that one water gun will be eligible for a real power-up modification: collosus. I also have seen a Flash Flood modified so that it's pressure chamber is larger using a basic PC expansion modification.

As for paying for modified water guns, your best bet would be checking eBay for a K-modded CPS 2100. King Soaker has been selling them periodically. A few others might be interested in selling a modified water gun to you as well.

joannaardway

Post by joannaardway » Fri Mar 17, 2006 8:00 am

In all truth the CPS 2000 is often overrated - and the monster XL follows the same guidelines.

The CPS 2000 is probably the most expensive watergun on e-bay. If you buy it make sure that you really want it.

The monster XL is LARGE perhaps too large for many people and unloaded, it weighs as much as many waterguns do unloaded.

If you really want those two soakers then don't let me stop you, but they have some negative points that you should cover.
"Over the hills and far away, she prays he will return one day. As sure as the rivers reach the seas, back in his arms again she'll be." - Over the Hills and far away, Gary Moore

"So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by. Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky" - More than a feeling, Boston

Hannibal

Post by Hannibal » Fri Mar 31, 2006 3:05 am

joannaardway wrote:In all truth the CPS 2000 is often overrated - and the monster XL follows the same guidelines.

The CPS 2000 is probably the most expensive watergun on e-bay. If you buy it make sure that you really want it.

The monster XL is LARGE perhaps too large for many people and unloaded, it weighs as much as many waterguns do unloaded.

If you really want those two soakers then don't let me stop you, but they have some negative points that you should cover.
I wouldn't say the CPS 2000 is overrated- just overhyped. The MXL is overrated by inexperienced users- and underrated by unexperienced users. The CPS 2000 is a very good gun. You should use one before you say it is overrated. The MXL is fairly heavy, but that isn't the problem for me, it's the pumping. 50 pumps isn't easy- especialy when the pumps are fairly dificult to accomplish (at least on my gun).
EV Nova: - http://www.ambrosiasw.com/games/evn/
"A CPS 2000 10th anniversary edition! I'll buy two, one to keep, and one to use!" *Takes 'em home, opens one, fills it, and pumps it up.* -"snap!"- "A Max-D trigger!""

DX

Post by DX » Fri Mar 31, 2006 4:18 am

Several guns rank in front of the 2000, so you could make a case for it being overrated as well as overhyped. No other gun has ever had a BIN of over $700 once, or is regarded as a holy grail like that one. Although when used well, a 2000 is no laughing matter.

The MXL is not always underrated by experienced users. That depends on the line between soakfest and 1HK. An MXL is a mighty soakfest weapon of fear, but don't even think of bringing one on the 1HK battlefield unless you absolutely must. It can be a terrible gun in 1HK, especially when the battle calls for fast speed and difficult manuevers, not to mention long and fierce engagements where you don't have time to pump 50 times.

People who "underrate" the MXL tend to be weak, or just 1HK oriented and therefore hold different-style guns as their favorites. It all depends on the type of game. I would never bring a 21K to a soakfest really, because it is not designed for soakfests. Same for not bringing an MXL to a 1HK.
Mess With the Best, Get Soaked Like the Rest!

2004 Red Sox - World Series Champions
2007 Red Sox - World Series Champions!

joannaardway

Post by joannaardway » Fri Mar 31, 2006 3:45 pm

I am not saying that those weapons are useless - far from it.

I'm just saying that they are in very high demand (and with it, expensive to ebay), and new warriors latch on to the largest or "most powerful" water gun - not always the best choice for an inexperienced user.

I would love to have both of those water guns - they are both landmarks in soaker history - but my small budget says otherwise, particularly given PVC prices here in the UK (for my homemade plans).

My best bet of getting one is hoping to see one at a yard sale (although we don't usually call them yard sales over here) or finding a damaged version on an auction site, and repairing it. In truth, (for no 1) not the most likely situation, or (for No 2) a practical choice for the unexperienced.

And realistically, a homemade is going to be cheaper (even at UK prices) and likely more powerful (and when you open fire, more intimidating)
"Over the hills and far away, she prays he will return one day. As sure as the rivers reach the seas, back in his arms again she'll be." - Over the Hills and far away, Gary Moore

"So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by. Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky" - More than a feeling, Boston