Help with CPS 2500

Repairs to water guns. Please put repair topics in this forum so that people do not have to sort through so many topics when looking for a repair. If a fix is included in the topic, please add (Fixed) before the topic title to indicate so.
Simmo

Post by Simmo » Sat Jan 01, 2005 6:08 am

Hello guys - first post here.

I've just pulled my Super Soaker CPS 2500 of the garage only to discover it's got a 'leak'. When pumping, water is forced into the gauge where it indicates the pressure. It then leaks out of the gun where the tank/reservoir meets the stock. I pulled the outer off but could not go in search of the problem as it is all in-closed.

Anyone had this problem before? Is there a fix?
Thanks for reading. Simmo.

NiborDude

Post by NiborDude » Sat Jan 01, 2005 6:29 am

I'm a little confused about what you were saying. "I pulled the outer off but could not go in search of the problem as it is all in-closed." All I can tell you is you need to find the location of the leak, by opening up your 2500. It should be relatively simple. Once you find the leak, give us the location and we'll tell you the best way to repair it. ;)

<span style='color:EEF2F7'>Blinding ignorance does mislead us. O! Wretched mortals, open your eyes! -Leonardo Da Vinci

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Sat Jan 01, 2005 2:46 pm

Welcome to SSCentral Simmo!

Best way to get quick repair help: Take a picture.

I should add that to the rules or welcome PM... so I made it a pinned topic.

The problem sounds to me that a tubing clamp might be loose. The CPS 2500's pressure gauge essentially in the case the rubber PC is held in. At least to the best of my knowledge. You'll have to get this gun open to fix that and do most other leak repairs as well. I couldn't exactly tell if you've got it open yet.

Jadefalcon09

Post by Jadefalcon09 » Mon Jan 24, 2005 8:46 pm

Hey there Simmo, welcome to the community.

If you could, please describe where the leak is coming from a bit clearer, from what I understand water is coming out from the part where the casing meets the red tank. When you pump water into the chamber to get it prepped for firing, does the pressure bar go up? If it goes up then down, I'm afraid you might have a busted CPS chamber, which will be near impossible to fix. If it builds up pressure, then the bar goes down but the water comes out the nozzle, the problem is a rod inside, and you will need to open your soaker to repair it, there is an article on the Sscentral.net site, I will get that for you in a bit.

Now when you say outer, I assume the white casing. This is fairly easy to get off. If you do end up having to go pick inside, start by taking the nozzle off first, thats the only way the casing will come off. From there its all very, very simple. Either a tube inside has a crack or hole, or this, which I highly doubt, your resevoir is busted, which can be repaired easily. But yeah get it open, look for some leaks, and offer a picture or 2, then we can get down to the problem.

Read up on these articles to get started:
Parts of a Water Gun
Opening your Gun FAQ
How Water Blasters Work
Also, try and reformat your Tech Question into this format.

Please post back any questions you may have in regards to opening your CPS 2500 up.