Pool Water Harming CPS PC's?

Repairs to water guns. Please put repair topics in this forum so that people do not have to sort through so many topics when looking for a repair. If a fix is included in the topic, please add (Fixed) before the topic title to indicate so.
RacerSoaker445

Pool Water Harming CPS PC's?

Post by RacerSoaker445 » Wed Aug 11, 2004 2:26 pm

Well, I have used my soakers in pools for the last week (Only two days) and I was wondering, Can pool water harm soakers?
I don't check this forum anymore.

Storm

Post by Storm » Wed Aug 11, 2004 2:33 pm

As long as their is no dirt getting inside of your gun, you should probably be alright. If your water is a little brown that probably isn't to great, but if after your fight you used some clean water to flush it out of the internals, you would probably be alright again. It might not be pleasant for other players getting that in the eyes though.
Storm

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Wed Aug 11, 2004 3:27 pm

I'm not too sure about this one. There are many chemicals in pool water, and one of them may react negatively with rubber. I don't think it's anything to worry about though because pool water mostly is water. I've put my CPS guns in pool water many times before, they still work. Even if the rubber was weakened by a chemical you could fix that with some K-modding or Collosusing I suppose.

NiborDude

Post by NiborDude » Wed Aug 11, 2004 5:24 pm

I remember using a Max-D 6000 in a pool and it broke after that. I think something about the pressure might have done something to it.

<span style='color:EEF2F7'>Blinding ignorance does mislead us. O! Wretched mortals, open your eyes! -Leonardo Da Vinci