Any one have any reptiles

All topics, except for ones related to water fights. Posts made here do not count towards your post count.
scorpion

Post by scorpion » Sun Mar 06, 2005 1:44 pm

Any one have any snakes, lizards or, turtles. I have a green iguana, a schnider's skink,
a red headed agama, a spotted turtle, and a California king snake. So in all I have three lizards, a turtle, and a snake to take care of. Do you have any?

vaporizer28

Post by vaporizer28 » Sun Mar 06, 2005 3:56 pm

Originally posted by scorpion@Mar 6 2005, 08:44 AM
Any one have any snakes, lizards or, turtles. I have a green iguana, a schnider's skink,
a red headed agama, a spotted turtle, and a California king snake. So in all I have three lizards, a turtle, and a snake to take care of. Do you have any?
[snapback]22893[/snapback]

I have a cat and a fish, but currently no reptiles. in the summer of '03, I had a turtle that was eaten by a bear. :Hey, that's funny.:

^This was made by Superstormer. What, do you think it got here on its own?

Jadefalcon09

Post by Jadefalcon09 » Sun Mar 06, 2005 5:43 pm

Yeah, I had a Russian Box Turtle. She was a really nice pet, sometimes noisy, always messy, but was a great pet. Shortly after I got her in 1999 or so, I remember hearing something about Russian Box Turtles becoming endangered species because so many died on the voyage to other countries. Life has been bearing down hard on me right now with too many responsibilities, hence why I am not online as much as I used to be. I had to end up giving her away to someone yesterday. He was a 6 year old boy at my mom's preschool she works at who has a reptile collection he takes good care of, not to mention his father is a reptile veterinarian, which my turtle desperately needed. I am sad and happy. Sad she is gone, happy she is better off.

RecklessAssault

Post by RecklessAssault » Mon Mar 07, 2005 1:55 am

The first reptile I had as an actual pet was a forest chameleon, I got it about four years ago, but unfortunately it died about a year and a half after I bought it. Not long after it died I got a couple small iguanas with the hope of raising them for several years, but apparently they caught some sort of illness and died about a year after I got them. I'm planning on getting one or two more iguanas in the future, and eventually I may look in to getting a corn snake or ball python.

I guess you could say I've had several turtles as pets, but they were temporary pets. During the summer I usually pick up any turtles (with the exception of snapping turtles, for obvious reasons) I see on the roads, take care of them for awhile, and set them free in a small pond south of here. I live in a very rural area with a fair amount of wetlands, so turtles (mostly painted or box turtles) are a very common sight around here.
Aaron
<span style='font-family:Geneva'><span style='color:red'>I bought a box of lady fingers at the local bakery this morning, but when I got home I noticed that one of 'em was missing. I decided to take the box back to the bakery and show the manager. He gave me the finger. (adapted from a joke by Jay London)