does anyone think we will see any more huge cps soakers any more?

General water gun discussion.
fanofbond

does anyone think we will see any more huge cps soakers any more?

Post by fanofbond » Tue May 01, 2007 8:36 pm

you know like maybe new monster line soaker or a new CPS version
like maybe a newer model of the CPS 2000, 2500

Silence

Post by Silence » Tue May 01, 2007 8:48 pm

Do some searching on the forums. There's a search button, or you can just browse.

Super Soaker stopped producing good soakers once they were bought by Hasbro. Buzz Bee Toys improves each year, but they're not quite there yet.

fanofbond

Post by fanofbond » Tue May 01, 2007 8:55 pm

i think i will just stick with homemades and ebay that sould
that seems like it will be the only way for range and power these days
or untill they put better tech. into the guns again

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Tue May 01, 2007 9:16 pm

Actually, the thought that Hasbro stopped production of good water guns is a misconception. Hasbro owned Larami since 1994. The water guns from 1994 until 2001 were the best we have seen. The problem was the complete Larami takeover/dissolution that lead into the split of some engineers from Larami to create Buzz Bee Toys.

With that being said, there are still some pretty good water guns out. Buzz Bee and Hasbro's largest water guns aren't bad by any standard. But, if you're looking for something like the CPS 2000 or 2500, you should know that it is unlikely that manufacturers ever will construct something similar. Homemade water guns I believe are the best option for those willing. The remainder seem to do nothing more than spend massive amounts of money for water guns from eBay and complain... I would not recommend either for obvious reasons.

C-A_99

Post by C-A_99 » Tue May 01, 2007 11:18 pm

I don't think BBT really improves each year as the Blazer does better than the Orca (at least that's what's been said, plus the Orca has some design issues). For CPS's, I've been able to score some good deals a bit, and looking around to friends who have them also helps a lot. I belive they work better than homemades (in general at least) unless you're very proficient with them and can make something light, simple, and effective. (yet guns like those can be complicated to build, considering things like the trigger, a case or anything to improve handling, etc.)

What I did is I looked to all options. Homemades are in progress while I have plenty of CPS's (total accessable for any war), as well as some BBT guns. BBT guns do lack the handling, lightness, and range of the older CPS's, but still do fairly well.

The Stealthy Panda

Post by The Stealthy Panda » Wed May 02, 2007 4:52 pm

I'd say that a good way to get CPS's (albeit not immediately usable) is to go around your neighborhood with a plastic bag, asking for mbroken ones. Then, of course, you fix them up. :D
Hail Reeen! (Reeen is not a typo)

Johnyshotgun

Post by Johnyshotgun » Wed May 02, 2007 7:33 pm

C-A_99 wrote:I don't think BBT really improves each year as the Blazer does better than the Orca (at least that's what's been said, plus the Orca has some design issues). For CPS's, I've been able to score some good deals a bit, and looking around to friends who have them also helps a lot. I belive they work better than homemades (in general at least) unless you're very proficient with them and can make something light, simple, and effective. (yet guns like those can be complicated to build, considering things like the trigger, a case or anything to improve handling, etc.)

What I did is I looked to all options. Homemades are in progress while I have plenty of CPS's (total accessable for any war), as well as some BBT guns. BBT guns do lack the handling, lightness, and range of the older CPS's, but still do fairly well.
BBT isn't that good, personally, one of my friends Pirhanna broke down after 1 summer, I'm repairing it but it is still in poor condition, If you can help tell me good ways too repair it.
Raid,strike, and kill.

C-A_99

Post by C-A_99 » Wed May 02, 2007 8:24 pm

^If you ever hope for help on repairing, you've got to provide more info about the gun than that. A 'broken Piranha' means nothing.

BBT's, from what I've used, are still better than the Hasbro guns. At least they don't make their larger guns with only a dinky stream and a riot blast.

Johnyshotgun

Ok.

Post by Johnyshotgun » Wed May 02, 2007 9:09 pm

One of the nozzles is not working, Another is mostly clogged, and the final one is open but only shoots 20 feet upon 30-45 pumps. The pump rubs against the guns and has caused a small cut where water leaks from (Will break the gun if fixed), also in the back there is a dent, (I'm fixing).
Raid,strike, and kill.

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Sun May 06, 2007 4:07 pm

I can't really tell what your problem is. It sounds as if there are multiple problems. My first tip would be to post even more information. Read this thread for the best tips on getting help. I know this might seem hard for you, but you must realize how hard it is making a diagnosis without the water gun with you.

The nozzles can be cleaned out. Get a spray nozzle for your hose and blast out what you can. Pipe cleaners (the things people making fuzzy stuff out of in elementary school) can clean out the larger nozzles.

I don't quite understand what you mean by the "pump rubs against the guns" as well. Could you describe that problem in more detail?

JCSoaker

Post by JCSoaker » Mon May 07, 2007 6:08 am

I think by 2020-2030, super intelligent engineers and/or scientists will create a new line of super super soakers which will make even the CPS 2000/CPS 3200 Obsolete. Technology changes every year, and new ideas are invented to replace the old. (a bit off topic for this analogy)
For example...when we thought cars running 100% on water wasn't possible a few decades ago, it became a reality today. There are electric powered cars running 100% on water, fully existing using electrolosis to split the water molecules into oxygen and hydrogen, and using the hydrogen to power the fuel cell where the exhaust is water. However this technology haven't went into large scale production of these cars yet as many tests have to be runned.
Back to the CPS 2000,2500,3200,etc. We may not think the line of CPS guns and technology may come back, but a newer innovative ideas will come out, obliterating the larger CPS designs and prove the primary existance of water gun power.
Armoury: Level III- (2) (going to have)Super Heavy Assualt homemades (2) Heavy Assualt CPS (Monster XL,etc)(3)Medium Assualt CPS (4100,etc)(4) Light Assualt CPS (1200, etc) (15) secondary weapons(Xp,MAXD,etc) (5) Extra Stuff

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Mon May 07, 2007 10:54 am

There aren't too many areas that the existing companies haven't moved into that would be cheap to do. Certainly, many innovations exist solely in homemade water guns, but the manufacturers do pay attention to what is being made and will manufacture anything they think is valuable. I personally don't see anything wrong with the old CPS line of water guns and I don't think they need to innovate further. I think most ideas have been exhausted. Now is the time to work with what we know, and we know a lot. If the manufacturers wanted to make more powerful water guns, they would.

Also, no car has or will run off water alone (or with another chemical to aid the process). Such a design is the subject of constant hoaxes. It takes more energy to split the hydrogen and oxygen than you will get back from the two. Fuel-cells operate on a different mechanism and do not run on water alone.

Perhaps this entire thread should be a sticky if there isn't one already like it...

JCSoaker

Post by JCSoaker » Mon May 07, 2007 1:57 pm

I think you are right, as the process is very complicated and requires other chemicals. However the primary substance to supply the energy is water.
Instead of gas, you use water, it will all be explained in further detail in this video. It is several years old, but it is cool to watch.
Click here - Top Gear GM Hy-Wire
Last edited by JCSoaker on Mon May 07, 2007 2:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Armoury: Level III- (2) (going to have)Super Heavy Assualt homemades (2) Heavy Assualt CPS (Monster XL,etc)(3)Medium Assualt CPS (4100,etc)(4) Light Assualt CPS (1200, etc) (15) secondary weapons(Xp,MAXD,etc) (5) Extra Stuff

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Tue May 08, 2007 12:12 am

That car is a fuel-cell car. Sorry, but it doesn't run on water. There are no proved working water fuelled cars.

JCSoaker

Post by JCSoaker » Tue May 08, 2007 5:16 am

I think I phrased it wrong in my previous post.
What I meant to say was it was a hydrogen car utilizing hydrogen fuel cells.

However, the video was obsolete saying the car runs on water?
Oh well, I guess the wiki has more power than TopGear...
also in the wikipedia is states:
water fuelled car
This article or section does not cite any references or sources.
Please help improve this article by adding citations to reliable sources. (help, get involved!)
Any material not supported by sources may be challenged and removed at any time. This article has been tagged since October 2006.
Last edited by JCSoaker on Tue May 08, 2007 5:23 am, edited 1 time in total.