Modding a cps 2000 MK2 to an MK1

Threads about water gun modifications.
Lj_Mouzer

Modding a cps 2000 MK2 to an MK1

Post by Lj_Mouzer » Fri Mar 23, 2007 4:19 pm

I am the proud owner of a good working cps 2000 MK2.
I always like to mod some things and i whas wondering,
Is it possible to mod a cps 2000 MK2 to an MK1, and is it worth it ?

C-A_99

Post by C-A_99 » Fri Mar 23, 2007 10:08 pm

o_0 ...

You can't really mod a gun into another gun nor mk, if its designed at where it is, it's where it stays, even when you mod it. To make it like a mkI, you'd need to do some pressure guage extension and probably find an mk1's PC, or a good piece of LRT.

Looks like the best mods for this would be a colossus and/or a nozzle selector.

Lj_Mouzer

Post by Lj_Mouzer » Fri Mar 23, 2007 11:43 pm

The pressure tube is ass long as an mk1 those are all the same, the difference between a mk1 and a mk2 is that the fladder is longer with a mk2 so its reaches the end of the tube earlier when it's filled with water. (lower pressure)
My idea was making the fladder shorter so it can restain more pressure untill reaching the end of the transparent tubing (iff the material of the fladder is the same with a mk1 ass with a mk2, otherwise the chance for a rupture is bigger when i make the mod)
What do you mean with a colosus , is there a nozle mod available for a cps 2000 ?

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Sat Mar 24, 2007 12:03 am

Welcome to Super Soaker Central!

I'm not quite sure of every difference between the CPS 2000 mk1 and mk2. The mk2 bladder is longer and does hold less water because it runs into the end of the case from what I know. However, that does not mean "lower pressure" is achieved in the CPS 2000 mk2. The Constant Pressure System keeps the power relatively constant regardless of how much water is in the bladder. What controls the power of the chambers is the thickness of the chamber, how much it is allowed to expand, and the internal diameter of the chamber. I have not seen any study done comparing that information between the models.

Take pictures and detailed measurements of the PCs and we can help explain the differences. Measure the length of the PCs and how thick the rubber is. Those two measurements are the most important.

Test the mk1 and mk2 for range as well. I think the ranges will be closer than most people seem to think. If the mk2 is comparable to the mk1, no modifications are necessary. However, if it is not comparable, first try shortening the bladder by cutting off a few inches. At worst, this will give you some more water capacity and no power up. While the CPS feature keeps the pressure relatively constant regardless of how much the rubber expanded, I can see some small benefit from having the PC expand further. However, I very highly doubt that the benefit from more lengthwise expansion is significant. My guess is that the mk2 PC is actually less thick than the mk1 PC.

Several people have repaired CPS 2000s (especially mk1s) that had ruptured pressure chambers before by replacing the chamber. There was no reported difference in power from before the repair to after the repair. If the mk2 is indeed less powerful, this might be a worthwhile upgrade. There's a few guides on the procedure:

http://forums.sscentral.org/t3710/
http://www.waynesthisandthat.com/cp2000.htm

As for the Colossus modification, it is on our website with really blurry pictures that need to be replaced: http://www.sscentral.org/tech/mods/collosus.php . This modification essentially makes the CPS PC thicker and more powerful. The previously mentioned repair uses LRT to make a new PC, and you can also use it to stack over a PC like the bike tubes in this modification as well (a rare "super-Colossus."

The nozzle selector modification is also on our website: http://www.sscentral.org/tech/mods/ans.php . This modification allows you to try different nozzle orifice diameters, which can increase the range.

Let us know if you have any other questions.

:)