WW Blazer mods.

Threads about water gun modifications.
Lt.Winters

Post by Lt.Winters » Fri Jul 29, 2005 4:14 am

Just wondering what Blazer mods are out there, because seeing some reveiws the power is kinda weak. I know about the spring mod, and I would like to perform a CVF but I need to know where to cut. Also I heard someone replacing the PC with a more CPS like one. I would like to know how to do this.

P.S: May I have permission to copy and paste the "spring mod" thread in Micro. Word, so I can have a collection to look upon (instead of going through like 6 pages of topics).

Edit: Here's some tips:
  • Punctuation marks, such as periods, never went at the end of titles
  • The "[blank]" is an unnecessary waste of space - you don't have to fill it in
"In better days that lie ahead, men will speak with pride of our doings." --Gen. Monty

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Fri Jul 29, 2005 1:18 pm

Welcome to Super Soaker Central! You should already know me from iSoaker.com's forums (I go by Doom there). B)
P.S: May I have permission to copy and paste the "spring mod" thread in Micro. Word, so I can have a collection to look upon (instead of going through like 6 pages of topics).
It's good you asked, but read on.

There's no reason you would need our permission to do that in the first place - fair use says that you can have your own personal copies of our content but not reproduce it elsewhere. Our forum also generates printer friendly pages (the other options don't work because we are running on a beta version of this software). Even still, I have literally thousands of threads saved from many forums and I'm still waiting for the lawsuits. :P

For those who are interested, you can read about the spring mod for yourself, but realize that it's a simple idea - just put springs in the chambers!

Also, please always read our reviews before asking for modifications for certain guns. Our Water Warriors Blazer review lists the spring mod, but does not list the other obvious modifications such as Check valve freezing and nozzle drilling because you can do them to most every water gun.

From what I know, the check valve in the Blazer is very obvious on where to cut. I believe, but am not sure, that it looks like the Super Soaker CPS 2700's check valve. Take a picture and I'll tell you where to cut if you are unsure - nearly every single time your guess will be correct unless they're trying to trick us or something.

PC replacement is possible with Latex rubber tubing. I don't know why you'd want to do that really, but if you were set on doing it I wouldn't doubt you could.

There's many possible modifications, but here's what I would do if I did the spring mod:
  • Spring mod
  • Check valve freeze
  • All nozzles drilled larger
  • Backpack modification

Lt.Winters

Post by Lt.Winters » Fri Jul 29, 2005 5:27 pm

Alright thanks! Now I just need to figure out the whole posting the picture thing out. ;) I'm new to this tech, so bear with me.
"In better days that lie ahead, men will speak with pride of our doings." --Gen. Monty

DX

Post by DX » Sat Jul 30, 2005 12:28 am

Integration is another option for pc replacement. Nibordude once attempted to replace a Piranha pc with a 21K pc. It actually would have worked, but the pc would not stay on! :(
Mess With the Best, Get Soaked Like the Rest!

2004 Red Sox - World Series Champions
2007 Red Sox - World Series Champions!

Lt.Winters

Post by Lt.Winters » Sun Jul 31, 2005 5:43 am

Originally posted by Duxburian@Jul 29 2005, 05:28 PM
Integration is another option for pc replacement. Nibordude once attempted to replace a Piranha pc with a 21K pc. It actually would have worked, but the pc would not stay on! :(
[snapback]26155[/snapback]

Would a CPS 1-3-5 bladder work? :huh: :blink:

Soakologist

Post by Soakologist » Sun Jul 31, 2005 9:26 pm

If it doesn't stay on, use some portland cement! > :-)
Whatever music you listen to probably sucks.

pigtailsboy

Post by pigtailsboy » Tue Aug 30, 2005 5:41 am

I guess the Blazer mods would work for the lightning. There are some differences between the two in power but guns are as similair as you get.