New Cps Mod

Threads about water gun modifications.
SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Tue Jul 13, 2004 9:23 pm

Today I finally did a mod I thought of last summer. I haven't tested it out yet but I don't think it did any bad. I reccommend you do this to any K modded gun. I'll get a mod article up whenever, I don't think you'll need one anyway.

Basically, you know the holes on each side of your PC case? Those holes are sized for a stock blaster, us with K modded guns have PCs that collapse faster. Drill larger ones, of course after removing the PC! I drilled them so that they were 3/16" because I didn't want to make it too larger and possibly damage the CPS PC. Before they were about 1/16". You could do larger. I don't think it will have very much of a power increase but it couldn't hurt.

NiborDude

Post by NiborDude » Tue Jul 13, 2004 10:41 pm

Instead of making a larger hole, you might want to just make more holes in different areas. Letting air get to different areas faster.

I don' think this mod will help in getting range, but its worth a shot. :D

<span style='color:EEF2F7'>Blinding ignorance does mislead us. O! Wretched mortals, open your eyes! -Leonardo Da Vinci

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Tue Jul 13, 2004 11:05 pm

Or make larger holes all over the place. I think I'll test it tommorow and try a few others spots and then see what happens. It shouldn't do any harm. That is as long as nothing gets into the PC, which shouldn't be a problem anyway if you K modded it, giving it protection.

Neuro

Post by Neuro » Tue Jul 13, 2004 11:14 pm

personally I like the idea of smaller holes all over. also you might want to sand out the inside of the p/c case where the drill bit went in to make sure there are no rough edges that could damage the p/c.
"I used to care, but now I take a pill for that."

You can pretty much ignore the times on that, I rarely ever have Xfire on when I play. I should, though.

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Tue Jul 13, 2004 11:23 pm

I thought of doing that, but surprisingly there were no rough spots or anything at all. I've done it to both my 2100 and 2700's PCs too. As long as you drill it neatly there won't be any problems like that.

Kurayamino101

Post by Kurayamino101 » Wed Jul 14, 2004 12:08 am

Question: What will enlarging or adding more holes affect the soaker's power in any way?

I don't really understand how this mod works.

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Wed Jul 14, 2004 12:12 am

When you K mod a soaker, the PC will collapse faster than it is supposed to. Air will fill in the space used by the water. The holes in the PC are made for a soaker with an unmodded PC. Larger holes will let more air flow through in the same amount of time. Think of the normal holes as something that restricts the flow due to the high power of a K modded gun. You don't want restrictions.

I don't think this mod will do anything substantial to the performance, but it won't hurt anything so I don't think there is any reason not to try it. I am still experimenting with it, I'll let you know the results tommorow. ;)

Kurayamino101

Post by Kurayamino101 » Wed Jul 14, 2004 12:23 am

Ah, thanks for clearing that up for me. Maybe I'll try that out.