Triple Agressor CVF

Threads about water gun modifications.
sirsoakalot

Triple Agressor CVF

Post by sirsoakalot » Sun May 28, 2006 9:09 am

Can someone show me exactly where to cut for CVF? I tried in a place but I ran into some weird metal thing.

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Sun May 28, 2006 1:34 pm

joanna should be able to help you more than I can. She has CVFed a Triple Aggressor, but I'll admit has had limited success with the modification. The Triple Aggressor can not handle the extra pressure very well at all - please perform this modification at your own risk. Some water guns are not capable of operating beyond their specifications, and it appears that the Triple Aggressor is one of those water guns.

Silence

Post by Silence » Sun May 28, 2006 2:59 pm

Hey, welcome to SSC.

Common sense is just about all you need with a CVFed soaker. Face it, all soakers have their limitations, and you just need to make sure you stop pumping the 3XA when you have to do so. Also, joannaardway did a huge variety of powerful mods for her 3XA, so that could have easily taken the weapon past its limits.

EDIT: Here's joannaardway's complete Triple Aggressor mod thread.
Last edited by Silence on Sun May 28, 2006 3:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sirsoakalot

Post by sirsoakalot » Sun May 28, 2006 6:27 pm

I guess I'll have to reinforce the tripple aggressor...man I wish I could find my FF.

joannaardway

Post by joannaardway » Sun May 28, 2006 9:12 pm

Re-enforcing isn't going to work very well. The poor PC shape can cause failure, re-enforcement won't have a noticable effect - the PC had about a ton of force splitting it after the CVF. It held well, but a better shape would have survived.

The only power mod I did was the CVF. The nozzle drills, trigger valve repair and external PC won't have affected it.

The metal part is the spring in the valve. This can be bypassed with a good hack saw, or if you cut in the right places, you can get around it.

If you meet with a spring, then you aren't cutting in quite the right place.

If you perform the modification, I would recommend removing the PC, bridging the gap with a hose, and going for an external PC like my Triple Aggressor thread shows. Those bottles will hold 100 psi easily, and allow a much larger capacity. A 1 litre coke bottle will resist 200 psi (more than you could achieve) and will boost capacity to about 4 times normal.

Just so you know, if you look at the PC, then there is a seam along the middle. This will easily split at higher pressures. If you doubt me, I can show you images of the PC, and of the external PC. This external PC was attached at the time of the main PC's failure, and survived regardless.

I am going to provide a guide to PC bridging in a few days, so you can wait, or improvise.
"Over the hills and far away, she prays he will return one day. As sure as the rivers reach the seas, back in his arms again she'll be." - Over the Hills and far away, Gary Moore

"So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by. Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky" - More than a feeling, Boston

Silence

Post by Silence » Sun May 28, 2006 9:37 pm

First of all, larger PCs aren't always a good thing. For example, if you use a larger air pressure (not CPS) PC than the standard one, you'll always need x more time to obtain pressures comparable to those of a non-modded soaker (where x is [original PC volume + extension PC volume]/original PC volume). Of course, if you use tap/pump and keep your pressure up all the time, either method is fine.

Even though the Coke bottle might be able to withstand 200 PSI, that doesn't mean the added connections and all can do the same. Like with K-modded CPS soakers, it's always the connections and seams that go bust, and not the actual PC. Also, couldn't one use epoxy on the seam between the two halves of the stock PC? Sure, it would be messy and uneven, but it would probably work.

sirsoakalot

Post by sirsoakalot » Sun May 28, 2006 9:50 pm

I will probably put the "custom" PC inside. Also, how can you seal a cap, it would need tons of glue. Also is it possible, because of the weird PC shape that has two ends, to CPSify the 3xA because the insides looks like you could put a check valve, them a pipe, after the CVF and put a bladder on the end of the T. Because it looks like a CPS except it has that,PC that takes up the CPS space. I say I'll probably keep it an air pressure, but if CPS form is stronger.

Silence

Post by Silence » Sun May 28, 2006 10:07 pm

By the way, since I don't actually have a Triple Aggressor, I'll just use the images of 3XA internals provided at iSoaker.com.

I don't see where you could put an additional PC inside the weapon...as with all stock soakers, almost every bit of space is already used up by something.

Also, there is no way to add LRT or even balloons to make this a CPS soaker. Both CPS bladders require that the water both enters and exits through one opening, and the 3XA's stock PC has two openings. In fact, most "good" air pressure PCs use only one opening (so only the water comes out), and that's why this PC is so weak...

sirsoakalot

Post by sirsoakalot » Sun May 28, 2006 10:16 pm

That is the point. Remove the tank, put a backpack. Put a T pipe on both sides of the PC's openings. On the far side of the T pipe (THe one that is open), attach a Bladder.

Silence

Post by Silence » Mon May 29, 2006 12:44 am

Okay, I can see where you're going with this...and the backpack mod will dramatically increase the reservoir capacity. However, if you're going to try this, remember to completely eliminate the old PC and also remember that the internals weren't designed for CPS use. If K-modded CPS soakers' internals can be blown out, then the same can happen for this. You might as well flood the inside of the soaker with epoxy, and then you'd have a great soaker (just remember to allow enough space for LRT bladder expansion) :rolleyes: ...