Site Donations

Suggestions, comments, questions, and developments related to the Super Soaker Central site and forums.
BlueSmudge

Post by BlueSmudge » Sat Jun 26, 2004 2:26 am

Doom. You, and many others work so hard on this site, and get nothing in return. I was wondering how, if it is possible, to send in donations to help run this site?
--------------------------------------------------------------
BlueSoak.net

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Sat Jun 26, 2004 3:35 am

Of course it is. Several people have put many hours, no way to know how many for sure, into making this site. My goal in making this site was not to make money, instead it was to make a great soaker site. I wouldn't mind recieving donations, I was planning on getting a better host with more bandwith and space. Just don't think I'll be President Bush and make your the leader of the DoHS just because you donated.

PM me if you want to donate something.

Hyper_9

Post by Hyper_9 » Sat Jun 26, 2004 4:51 am

*coughshouldbeinfeedbackcough*
Offical DMOZ Editor of "Recreation: Guns: Toy: Water Guns"
Soak On
HYPERACTIVE 4 EVER!

BlueSmudge

Post by BlueSmudge » Sat Jun 26, 2004 5:34 am

Sorry, forgot about feedback. It being way down there next to old topics. Can you move it up with the others.
I'm not saying you are trying to make money. But we could help you with the costs of keeping the site up. (you do have to pay monthly for this much space, and no ads right?)
I just thought I would bring it up since a few other sites have a paypal option.
I remember back in the days of freeware (It's still around, but not in the quality. They are all greedy little bastar*s now) when you would get a game for free. Like Wolf 3D. If you liked what they were doing, you could mail em $5 to keep producing the stuff.
I would like to know the monthly cost of keeping this site up before I decide if I will, and how much to donate.
BlueSoak.net

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Sat Jun 26, 2004 3:15 pm

Actually, that is called shareware (share the money if you want to). Freeware is COMPLETELY FREE. That's why it's called freeware.

I am planning on getting better hosting, but as of now it costs me $30 a year to run this site because I got cheap hosting and a cheap domain. Next year likely will be different.