XP 270 New Model Leaking When Pumped

Repairs to water guns. Please put repair topics in this forum so that people do not have to sort through so many topics when looking for a repair. If a fix is included in the topic, please add (Fixed) before the topic title to indicate so.
Herran

XP 270 New Model Leaking When Pumped

Post by Herran » Fri Jul 13, 2007 9:23 pm

My XP 270 (Twin pack, more recent model) leaks from the bottom of the gun when it is pumped.
Obviously, the problem is a leak, but my best bet is something wrong with either the inside tubing or the fitting of either the reservoir or the pressure chamber.
Whenever it is pumped, water leaks, or rather FLOODS out of the bottom of the gun. If I try to shoot it while pumping, it goes 3-5 feet, which means water is being lost between the reservoir and the pressure chamber. I am just noticing this damage once summer has started.
The gun is about a year or two old.
I will post a picture when I get a chance.
http://www.isoaker.com/Armoury/AirSerie ... box_01.jpg
This is the gun I have. The black one works fine, it is the silver one that doesn't. Looking at the picture, the leak is between the pump and the trigger loop(the thing that covers the trigger)

UPDATE:
I managed to open the gun fully. The problem is with the piping between the reservoir and the pressure chamber, which is where the pump operates. Under pressure, it leaks. I'm looking for something which will give a good seal. I have tried smaller amounts of two types of tapes and neither have worked that well. If anyone has any experience with sealing these sorts of leaks, please give me advice
Last edited by Herran on Fri Jul 13, 2007 11:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Silence

Post by Silence » Sat Jul 14, 2007 9:18 pm

Welcome to the forums, and I hope you get your problem solved! :)

Exactly where does it leak? There may very well be a pinhole or something. If that's the case, a bit of epoxy should do the trick.

Herran

Post by Herran » Mon Jul 16, 2007 12:37 am

I found the leak, but in fixing it, discovered another problem with the pump that is not fixable.
However, I would like to know what mods are possible with the XP 270, as maybe I can use it as a practice or a "junkyard" for modding other guns.
Could you tell me that?

The Stealthy Panda

Post by The Stealthy Panda » Mon Jul 30, 2007 5:06 pm

Check the main site's review of said gun. At the bottom, there's a list of possible mods. Don't limit yourself to them, though. Be creative.
Hail Reeen! (Reeen is not a typo)

cobralex297

CVF

Post by cobralex297 » Fri Aug 03, 2007 9:56 pm

Will a CVF on a gun like the aforementioned Xp-270 really increase performance noticeably?
Armory:CPS1200,1500,2000,2100,2500,
2700,3000,SplashZooka,XP105,150,20,
215,220,240,270,75,90,ss30,60,XTC,
SC600,BigTrouble,PowerPak,TripleCharge

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Fri Aug 03, 2007 11:05 pm

I wouldn't suggest doing a "check valve freeze" to any air pressure water guns. You won't get too much of a performance increase. You will be able to get perhaps one or two more pumps in depending on how big the PC is and that might turn into a noticeable range or output increase. What you will get though is a much higher chance of failure. The system wasn't designed to take additional pressure.

I only will suggest removal of the pressure relief valve if it is completely necessary for your water gun to perform better (or you don't mind having a plastic crack). That means this modification is best used only for repairs (yes, it can be a repair in some cases), and high performance modifications.