A list of all the ways one can do a CVF !

Threads about water gun modifications.
Kalogagatya

A list of all the ways one can do a CVF !

Post by Kalogagatya » Mon Jun 11, 2007 11:42 pm

Ben thought of this and it's a good ideia!
this thread is a list of all the ways we've come up with to do a CVF:

my ideia is to do a perpendicular sectional cut in the check valve tube, slide a small coin in there and seal the seams with epoxy or cianoacrylate :)

totokan

Post by totokan » Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:29 am

That sounds interesting, have you tried it yet? I used two electrical caps (twist-on things to cover loose wires) that I forced onto it, I don't know if it'll hold under higher pressures, but it holds fine for now.

Silence

Post by Silence » Tue Jun 12, 2007 3:01 pm

Then there's the regular cutting off the pressure release valve and epoxying the opening. Or epoxying a plug into it.

And you could drill a hole into the tubing and inject epoxy, as the Stealthy Panda recently suggested.

C-A_99

Post by C-A_99 » Tue Jun 12, 2007 7:21 pm

Eh, "CVF" is becoming quite a pet peeve for me, we really gotta get those outdated articles updated.

Anyways, BBT guns' internals often are seperated from each other, and the pipe sections connected and sealed by O-rings. Taking advantage of this, you could probably block off pipes where the PRV routes the water through.

Haven't thought much about the soakers, but the drilling and filling seems to be a pretty good idea. With traditional cutting, you need to plug up 2 sides and use a ton of glue, but with the other method you just need to make one plug-up.