Max-d 3000 trigger valve issue

Repairs to water guns. Please put repair topics in this forum so that people do not have to sort through so many topics when looking for a repair. If a fix is included in the topic, please add (Fixed) before the topic title to indicate so.
The Stealthy Panda

Max-d 3000 trigger valve issue

Post by The Stealthy Panda » Sun Apr 29, 2007 10:24 pm

I just got an Md 3000 from a friend, and it's been subject to severe neglect. The reservoir is moldy, the dry-firing discharge smells like, well, mold, and worst of all, the trigger valve is really screwed up. I've put two rubber bands on, and it still doesn't work, it remains open just a sliver. I'm seriously considering replacing the entier trigger setup with a ball valve. What's wrong? How do I fix it? :confused:

Silence

Post by Silence » Sun Apr 29, 2007 10:28 pm

Well, you need more rubber bands. I did an identical repair to a Max-D 3000, except I added maybe 5-8 orthodontical rubber bands (I don't know what strength they were; they come in various sizes). Fewer would have worked, but I just wanted to be sure.

Press on the valve levers after adding each rubber band to see if it will close anymore, even with the extra rubber band. If that's the case, add another rubber band and try again until the rubber bands close the valve all the way.

I'm kinda disappointed with the Max-D 3000's trigger system. Sure, the gun performs well, but now I've got to go back and see where it's leaking every time you fire. Plus the rubber bands might eventually give way again. It's a safe bet to repair the gun but use something else instead.

The Stealthy Panda

Post by The Stealthy Panda » Sun Apr 29, 2007 10:58 pm

It's already pretty hard to open. Any more rubber bands, and I'd have to pull the trigger with two hands and one foot. Right now, I'm trying Soakerhunter's solution, because I've finally decided that getting the gun to work is more important than that awesome flippy thing it does. :p

The Stealthy Panda

Post by The Stealthy Panda » Mon Apr 30, 2007 9:59 pm

It worked! Sort of. But I've got two more problems now. The trigger is insanely hard to pull, and I, stupidly, drilled the nozzle to nearly a quarter inch. My primary issue is the nozzle, since it shoots, like, 7 feet, max. :eek: Please help!

C-A_99

Post by C-A_99 » Mon Apr 30, 2007 10:10 pm

Try filling up the nozzle with epoxy, letting it dry for a day or so, then drilling again. For the trigger, what kind of spring/rubber bands did you use? Try loosening that up, as well as adjusting other pieces if necessary. Maybe you forgot a screw or 2 on the internals.