We seem to have slowed down.

All topics, except for ones related to water fights. Posts made here do not count towards your post count.
Soaker Leader

Post by Soaker Leader » Mon Nov 29, 2004 2:53 pm

It seems like we here at SSCentral have all slowed down. We use to post more often, now it seems people only post when someone one else will say something. Now people will wait for someone to post so they can add on. Only like Doom, Nibor, Spinner, Dux post every other day. I myself have slowed down due to homework <_<, but come on just about every day after school I get on and there is like 2 or 3 people on, and they don't post. I am not sure if we can make it now to 20,000 before December 31. But just maybe this will get people to post a little more often, and keep SSCentral active, and alive. Maybe I’m wrong, Maybe It’s just winter and every one is out having snowball fight's or sledding, But like Doom said something simaller to this " Winter is the season to mod and fix your guns or to make one for summer." If you are Modding a gun and will need help, post about it. If you are making a gun post about it. If your gun broke post about it for help. We all need to hold together, stay active and POST. I hope this will encourage you to post more. Thank you for your time.

RacerSoaker445

Post by RacerSoaker445 » Mon Nov 29, 2004 3:56 pm

I agree, I have mostly been posting to the RP thread though, that is very fun because it is an online war story, and you try to imagine what the other people look like, what yourself looks like, what the world looks like ect.
I don't check this forum anymore.

Spinner

Post by Spinner » Mon Nov 29, 2004 5:39 pm

I think it's just winter for you, with mainly just the focused water warriors posting. So it's good to have things like the RP for this time of year, in my opinion. B)
ISS: Soaker Sagas

Submit your saga and see it up with other titans of water warfare.

Soakologist

Post by Soakologist » Mon Nov 29, 2004 8:26 pm

Come on, Humans! Only about 800 more posts! I see the end in sight!
We only need about 30 posts a day and we'll be THERE!
I can post 5, Doom can post 5, Neo can post 5, jeez, all you creeps can post 5!
POST FIVE.
Whatever music you listen to probably sucks.

NiborDude

Post by NiborDude » Mon Nov 29, 2004 9:13 pm

The reason I don't post sometimes is because I don't have a good enough topic to post about. And most of the topics that were going in the summer have died and need no more talking about. So, I wait for others to post.

<span style='color:EEF2F7'>Blinding ignorance does mislead us. O! Wretched mortals, open your eyes! -Leonardo Da Vinci

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Mon Nov 29, 2004 10:32 pm

I post on average about 5.2 times a day. So I'm doing my part. Do yours. We need newer topics, I'll see what I can do.

Freakymist

Post by Freakymist » Mon Nov 29, 2004 11:43 pm

I think it's pretty obvious that a water gun forum will slow down when it's cold. Kind of common sense -_-

Godzillasoaker65

Post by Godzillasoaker65 » Tue Nov 30, 2004 12:21 am

I usualy Don't post because I Don't have anything to say. :huh:
Soak, or be soaked that is the question!

DX

Post by DX » Tue Nov 30, 2004 1:33 am

We in theory should be slowing to a crawl this time of year, but the chance of hitting a huge posting mark should draw in more activity. IMO, this place will be posting crazy on the last few days of the year and especially the final few hours.
Imagine logging in on Dec. 31st and seeing that we are 50 posts short of 20K.
There will be a mad posting spree if we are close. But then again, even I have had to slow down. Track practice doesn't end until 5, I get home at 5:30, and running several miles takes a lot out of you. ;) And that doesn't take into account homework either. But I have been doing my part and will *try* to continue posting regularly..
Mess With the Best, Get Soaked Like the Rest!

2004 Red Sox - World Series Champions
2007 Red Sox - World Series Champions!

Crashdummy

Post by Crashdummy » Tue Nov 30, 2004 1:51 am

I try to post every day but yeah, homework is piling up.

Forceuser

Post by Forceuser » Tue Nov 30, 2004 7:57 am

Well all I can say is: post in the RP!
Hey, images in sigs work again! Woo!

Soaker Leader

Post by Soaker Leader » Wed Dec 01, 2004 1:11 pm

Well, just post any where guys, not just the RP thread. Just keep posting. Doom is paying for all of us to talk here at SSCentral. If we slow down and stop posting it is like Doom paying for a site to be on the web that doesn't get any post, and a few guest every now and then through out the day. So respect Doom for having the site, the fourms, the ideas.

NiborDude

Post by NiborDude » Thu Dec 02, 2004 5:27 am

Remember. This is the time of year when things slow down. It's not uncommon. But for the love of soakers, I post!

<span style='color:EEF2F7'>Blinding ignorance does mislead us. O! Wretched mortals, open your eyes! -Leonardo Da Vinci

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Thu Dec 02, 2004 10:26 pm

Originally posted by Soaker Leader@Dec 1 2004, 08:11 AM
Well, just post any where guys, not just the RP thread. Just keep posting. Doom is paying for all of us to talk here at SSCentral. If we slow down and stop posting it is like Doom paying for a site to be on the web that doesn't get any post, and a few guest every now and then through out the day. So respect Doom for having the site, the fourms, the ideas.
[snapback]19687[/snapback]

Actually we have had MUCH less posting before. When we first started back in March 2003, we had less posts per month than now (which is good for now). Plus, in the winter most every past water warfare forum has gone "dead." We're actually doing very well. But don't stop.

The forums really come alive in the summer. That's when they get over 2000 posts a month for about 4 months straight, and 4 months in spring and fall over 1000. I wouldn't be mad at all if they died in the winter, I expect it.

Monsoon

Post by Monsoon » Fri Dec 03, 2004 2:21 am

Definately. I remember when I first joined, it was a sight just to see three people on at once! I really enjoy seeing this community grow, as it's the only one I've kept membership with for the past year (approx.). Although my actual soaker career is dead right now, I'll continue to contribute as much as possible. All I can say is: Let's go for 20,000 posts!
Do not underestimate the power of stupidity in large groups