2700 mods.

Threads about water gun modifications.
BlueSmudge

Post by BlueSmudge » Sun May 16, 2004 5:11 pm

Ok, by now everyone knows I didn't get the 1700. I am going to get the 2700. Paint, and such. as for mods, I want to do 50 balloons or more, check valve freeze, and do some internal strenghtening. Also inforcing the pump. I can do all these mods exept for the check valve freeze. I have never done it, and I want to know a few things about it. First of all, after you cut the valve, why do you need a screw and epoxy? Isn't the purpose of this is to block the check valve? I'm sure there is a reason. Why do you need to have the screw not be air tight? How do you screw it into the plastic, but still have air able to pass through. [at] Doom: you have a 2700 how many pumps do you do so that it doesn't explode?
--------------------------------------------------------------
BlueSoak.net

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Sun May 16, 2004 10:19 pm

You put the screw there because it is easier (and safer for the soaker) to glue a solid object into place than a hole. That's the only reason why. The screw is not there to block the "check valve", which people should call a release valve (I didn't in the article because that's what it's commonly called). You remove the release valve from the gun, and then fill in the holes. That is the idea behind a check valve freeze.

I pump mine 25 times, you should reinforce the trigger valve from the inside and there shouldn't be much of a problem.

Neuro

Post by Neuro » Sun May 16, 2004 10:58 pm

pfft, why not just put all the non-moving internals in a pool of epoxy! :Hey, that's funny.: I see the point of the screw now though, I didn't understand why you couldn't just fill in the hole before. it also seems this new warning system only exempts root admins...
"I used to care, but now I take a pill for that."

You can pretty much ignore the times on that, I rarely ever have Xfire on when I play. I should, though.

BlueSmudge

Post by BlueSmudge » Mon May 17, 2004 12:20 am

ok. sounds good. But why does air have to be able to pass through it? I thought the idea was to block the hole.
BlueSoak.net

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Mon May 17, 2004 9:45 am

It is there to block the hole. Air has to pass through it so that water can pass through it. It's not to block one of the actual check valves, it is there to fill in one of the holes created by removing the release valve. Is that too hard to understand?

BlueSmudge

Post by BlueSmudge » Mon May 17, 2004 10:58 pm

ok, I get it. the way your frased it in the artical made it sound like it had to be able to go by the skrew. I get what you are saying. Maybe you should change that artical. I was talking to blaze at school, and he misunderstude it in the same way.

EDIT: by the way, im in the middle of a practice K-mod right now, on my friends 1200.
BlueSoak.net

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Mon May 17, 2004 11:30 pm

I'll change it later, as of now I think that doing in the screw way is the best and I personally will do it only that way if I have the screws available. You don't want to get epoxy on the inside of your valves do you? That and it being easier to work with is why I use the screws.