SilentGuy Information

All topics, except for ones related to water fights. Posts made here do not count towards your post count.
Silence

SilentGuy Information

Post by Silence » Sat May 13, 2006 4:20 pm

Well, I'm finally back after a week of no Internet access due to vacation. I believed I dropped a hint about the then upcoming absence in one of my posts, but from now on, I'll just post in this thread.
Last edited by Silence on Mon Jun 26, 2006 12:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

Silence

Post by Silence » Mon Jun 26, 2006 12:33 am

Well, a series of thunderstorms is currently bombarding the entire East Coast of the U.S., and Adelphia has really been providing unreliable service lately. It's been on and off for the past few days, so I'll probably be unable to post as much as I'd like; the same might be true for others on the East Coast.

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Mon Jun 26, 2006 12:42 am

I'm on Adelphia as well, in fact, I'm probably on the same server as SilentGuy. We've had similar problems in the past, but the internet hasn't cut for us yet. If it does cut, it'll take a long time to repair. They have no redundancy on this line, likely because there is no incentive to add redundancy. :p

Silence

Post by Silence » Mon Jun 26, 2006 12:48 am

Don't get me wrong, though--I like the Adelphia package we have. Their High-Speed Internet is pretty fast for home use, very few people in my neighborhood use the node (most people, to my knowledge, are on Sprint), and it is a pretty good deal since it comes in a package with phone service and television service. That said, it is pretty unreliable, as Ben hinted--at least, more so than most other ISPs. However, earlier today, it had gone for quite a while--and I hadn't realized that it had come back until I used ipconfig in MSDOS. We thought about switching to Sprint/DISH, but then this seemed fine after all (must have been a clear day :D )...

Silence

Post by Silence » Fri Jul 07, 2006 8:42 pm

I'll be gone for one week soon--from Thursday the 13th to Thursday the 20th. It's a road trip up North, and I doubt we'll have Internet access. That's bound to help my posts per day ratio drop even more! :cool:

Silence

Post by Silence » Wed Jul 12, 2006 8:56 pm

An update, or more like confirmation, on my last post: today's probably the last day I'll be here this week, so if I'm going to get any feedback on the article submission, then I won't be able to respond. However, I might submit another (probably shorter) section of the RP today...

Silence

Post by Silence » Thu Jul 20, 2006 5:06 pm

Argh...I hate how so much happens whenever you're gone. At any rate, I'm back now.

It was a long trip, mostly spent in southern NJ, and some time in NYC and Boston. We drove all the way from Boston to VA yesterday, which was tiring...

Silence

Post by Silence » Sun Jul 23, 2006 9:56 pm

Heh...I guess I was gone yesterday, too. That's because we had 8 guests coming in on Friday...

Well, now I might be able to get that 3" PVC for my homemade. The guests are gone, my PC is fine, and my cold is clearing up.

Silence

Post by Silence » Sat Aug 19, 2006 1:26 am

Earlier today, a guy came around putting bright yellow fliers on people's doorknobs. They're from Adelphia and say Adelphia will be testing the local cable lines for maintenance purposes, so the Internet might be on and off until they're finished (they gave no timeframe). So if you don't see me for a while, you can expect it's because of this. Fortunately, though, I don't think it will be much of a problem--the connection will be gone rarely if at all over the next several days (I think), and it probably won't be for very long if at all (I think).