What's a Commander to do?

Topics about water war tactics, water war planning, and past water war stories.
Super Sonic

Post by Super Sonic » Wed Aug 11, 2004 5:53 pm

Hey everyone, I'm thinking of starting a small team of water fighters (oh that sounds so cheesey) and most of them are 12 or 11. I just want to know what you more experienced leaders would do to motivate them or have them listen to you. They are kind of the roudy bunch of our youthgroup, and the reason why I chose the younger genre is mainly because all the ones my age are against me. (mainly because they don't know how to water gun fight as good as I can)
"Rejoice not over me my enemy, for when I fall, I shall in turn arise." Micah 7:8

ZookaForPrez

Post by ZookaForPrez » Wed Aug 11, 2004 6:02 pm

Give them candy... Just kidding ;)

Try be hard enough on them and act like it actually is war, just find out their limits, you don't want them quitting on you. You could also give out good guns and let each one have a try, to see how fun victory is. Get the point across that to win, you need a little organization and cooperation.
Arsenal:

SplashZooka 65 oz.
CPS 4100
CPS 1200 (soon to get)
Max-D 6000
:D

Jadefalcon09

Post by Jadefalcon09 » Wed Aug 11, 2004 6:50 pm

http://forums.sscentral.net/index.php?showtopic=1128

Read this article.. should help so people Don't repeat what has been said. Topic is being moved to Wars... Please post in appropriate areas. Thanks.

-Jade

Belisaurius

Post by Belisaurius » Wed Aug 11, 2004 10:50 pm

Now that you are my responsibility.... ^_^

I run a website exclusively for the commander and the organized water warfare team. There are a lot of articles there that will help you deal not only with how to run things, but what to do in battles and important things to consider. I really suggest you check it out.

Additionally, I really suggest you take a couple of steps to solidify your leadership. Firstly, I suggest that you draw up a membership policy or a conract for members or something of the sort that says exactly what a member has the power to do and how things will operate. In my ghroup, we have to membership groups, Auxiliaries and Members, which are determined based on number of battles any person attends. If you have been to 1 battle or meant to come to 1 battle, you are an Auxiliary. This way, before we give someone the full responsibilities and powers of a Member, we have determined whether they want to continue and what their reactions rare under fire. Figure out a system that works best for you.

A membership policy should contain something that will allow you to run things. I've been leading a group for 3 years and my fellow commander and I still have not found a suitable answer to this problem. Because participants cannot really be punished, there is nothing to prevent them from misbehaving and nothing to tell them to be good. If you find an answer to this one let me know!

The url - Hydrotactics
Victory to Unit 1!