Is there a proper way to dual wield guns?

Topics about water war tactics, water war planning, and past water war stories.
Clear Vison

Is there a proper way to dual wield guns?

Post by Clear Vison » Mon Mar 16, 2009 7:37 pm

I'm new to this forum so hello world! I've just recently came back from my uncle's place, after a water fight with my cousin. :) I brang 2 water guns (just small arms) to match my cousin's because he always dual wields for some reason, so I thought sure why not dual wielding sounds fun. But the problem is... I seem to do much better with 1 gun than dual wielding guns? I always misfire when I dual wield like that, but somehow my cousin never misses, even at long ranges... And even with 2 guns. So, is there a proper way to dual wield guns? I just don't get why I keep missing.

We were both using the same guns, Flash Floods. If you've never heard of it here's a link I guess http://www.paramountzone.com/images/june06/bg/WIN39.jpg. I think it's just the guns I'm using, either that or I'm not wielding them properly haha.

Silence

Re: Is there a proper way to dual wield guns?

Post by Silence » Mon Mar 16, 2009 8:16 pm

Welcome to the fourms. :)

Dual-wielding is hard, and most people would prefer one large soaker to two small ones.

Practice aiming and shooting one gun, using only your peripheral vision. Then do it with two. You'll probably need to work on response under pressure after that.

C-A_99

Post by C-A_99 » Mon Mar 16, 2009 8:59 pm

The first trick is to be able to pump while carrying both blasters at the same time, which I haven't found difficult, but may be hard for some users. After that, its all 1-handed aiming. If you're having trouble, use straps and/or avoid dual wielding the larger guns. Tactics will also change; you may have to run away often if you can't re-pump in time when someone else attacks. A single blaster is usually more managable, though it initially gives less firepower.

I've found FF's to be fairly easy for dual wielding. However, if its a one hit kill game, I'd strongly advise against it. For other games however, another trick, aside from pumping a FF while holding the other, is to get the FF shot correct. Adding straps may make this easier, you may also be able to make a FF shot with only one hand.

Personally, I don't really dual wield anymore unless its a soakfest (which we don't play too often now), and if I really find the need for more blasters. I haven't used a lot of those tricks either.

Here's something to introduce to your friend. Get a pistol and a bike and attack.

Clear Vison

Post by Clear Vison » Mon Mar 16, 2009 10:48 pm

C-A_99 wrote:Here's something to introduce to your friend. Get a pistol and a bike and attack.
Lol how original, I like it :D I'll try that sometime, I like that whole idea of drive-by shooting.

cantab

Post by cantab » Mon Mar 16, 2009 10:57 pm

One gun in right hand, one gun in left hand :-P

Seriously, if you do better with one gun, use one gun. The only real advantage of dual wielding is when outnumbered - but it takes a lot of skill. I use one gun because it makes it easier to concentrate.

As for cycle-bys, I've tried that. It didn't work because on a bike one can't really dodge. For a surprise attack it's great, but not if the opposition sees you before you're in range.
I work on Windows. My toolbox is Linux.
Arsenal:
Super Soaker: XP215, 2xXP220, Liquidator, Aquashock Secret Strike M(odded), Arctic Blast M, CPS1200, CPS2100, SC Power Pak, 3l aquapack, 1.5l aquapack
Water Warriors: Jet, Sting Ray M, Shark, Argon M, Tiger Shark, PulseMaster
Others: Waterbolt, The Blaster, Storm 500, Shield Blaster 2000, generic PR gun, generic backpack piston pumper (broken), 3l garden sprayer M, 10l water carrier:

Clear Vison

Post by Clear Vison » Tue Mar 17, 2009 12:21 am

Hmm... About that post I was thinking of using go-carts or bumper cars as tanks or apc. That would be plain stupid and dangerous though, but extremely fun :P . I can imagine mounting a Monster XL or a SuperCannon II as the main turret onto the driver's seat, and a lighter arm as the machine gun at the back, that would be so much fun especially in drive by shootings with 2 tanks hehe

Silence

Post by Silence » Tue Mar 17, 2009 2:17 am

Cantab, I agree the dodging is what kills cycle-bys. What a pity. :p

cantab

Post by cantab » Tue Mar 17, 2009 1:41 pm

Maybe if one was particularly skilled on a BMX one could dodge.

Perhaps rollerblades would work better?
Arsenal:
Super Soaker: XP215, 2xXP220, Liquidator, Aquashock Secret Strike M(odded), Arctic Blast M, CPS1200, CPS2100, SC Power Pak, 3l aquapack, 1.5l aquapack
Others: Waterbolt, The Blaster, Storm 500, Shield Blaster 2000, generic PR gun, generic backpack piston pumper (broken), 3l garden sprayer M, 10l water carrier:

C-A_99

Post by C-A_99 » Wed Mar 18, 2009 1:26 am

Perhaps, rather than riding head on, you'd have to ride in, make the shot, and swerve out. Not easy considering the gun you're carrying has to be somewhat light, meaning it also has less range and soaking ability. On the other hand, you're much faster, at least when theres pavement around.

cantab

Post by cantab » Wed Mar 18, 2009 12:55 pm

Heavy CPSes have been carried on bikes. I heard someone once carried TWO 2500's. You need to be good at cycling though.
Arsenal:

StormGlorious

Post by StormGlorious » Fri Mar 27, 2009 9:42 am

I agree that using bikes in water warfare is not very effective. Along with the reasons above, you would likely not have very much control over the bike riding one handed, let alone not being able to pump.
In short: Don't use bikes

Storm
Armoury:CPS 2500, CPS 1700, 2xCPS 2100, SC PowerPack,
Triple Agressor, HydraPack, Lightning, APH x3, Pneumatic Grenade Launcher, Triple Shot, Liquidator, Arctic Blast
'Wherever there' s a Dark Age, There are Dark Apostles'
Play Magic: the Gathering

cantab

Post by cantab » Fri Mar 27, 2009 1:34 pm

They could have a role in reconnaisance, but only on urban battlefields large enough to not have everyone in sight. I have played on such, but no-one ever used their bikes. They could also be used to transport weapons/ammo, but again only any use on large, non-overgrown areas.
Arsenal:

Authundir

Post by Authundir » Fri Mar 27, 2009 11:43 pm

if someone could find the time they could mount a gun on the front of a bike and make some sort of trigger mechanism on the handle.
Ut permaneo campana sanus, Permissium obscurum perussi vestri animus. Totus palma ut Atrum Apostelus.

-Sic narro pugna doctrina.

Silence

Post by Silence » Sat Mar 28, 2009 1:39 am

The problem is that you can't strife while on a bike. On foot you can dodge by stepping sideways, and of course you're more stable overall.

Teh Moron

Post by Teh Moron » Sat Mar 28, 2009 3:57 pm

Evasive maneuvering on a bike is next to impossible. Not to mention pumping or aiming.