Water-Talk

Discussion of other water gun websites.
Soakologist

Post by Soakologist » Tue Oct 05, 2004 11:01 pm

A lot of you have already been to a little place called Water-Talk.org. That's where (we hope) most of the soaker talk will be for years to come. If you don't know what I'm talking about, please visit Water-Talk.org. Anyway, Water-Talk is, as it says on the main page, the World's only jointly operated free-standing water-warfare forum. How can this be? It sounds like an oxymoron. However, it is the case and does make sense. The Water-Talk.org forums are assembled in a joint operation by the webmasters of SSCentral.net and Soakology.net. However, their sites are not affiliated with that site, Water-Talk. If either site ceased to exist, then the board would still be run by both of the sites webmasters. Therefore, if Water-Talk would be dissolved, neither site would be obligated to shut down.

In addition to the three webmasters from both sites administrating the forum, there is also a neutral party which administrates as a safety net to keep either website from gaining too much power.

In fact, iSoaker.com is now planning on joining and supporting Water-Talk once he comes back. Here's what he's said on his forums...
Just to clarify why I've put up notices on some of the forums here. Basically, once I'm back more consistently (~2 weeks from now), I'll be revising the set-up of these forums in part to support the growth and development of the Water-Talk.org forums as well as to streamline this place. For me, I never wanted to run a full-fledged community forum off of iSoaker.com. The creation of a more open-concept forum for the community is good (at least, it looks alright so far). As well, I'd like to take some time to let others do their part in shaping the future of online Soakerdom and I'll be taking a back-seat community-wise for the time being. This break will also give me more time to do some developments on iSoaker.com, itself, that I've been wanting to do. Of course, this all must wait until after I resume normal online activity. While I've posted a fair amount in the past couple of days, I doubt I'll be posting more for awhile after this post.

I will, however, be leaving this board running. It will serve as an online submission medium as well as being a back-up message board people can consult in the event there are problems on other servers. I have put up notices to forewarn members of some of the changes I have in mind, but they are not necessarily the only parts that will change.

As for Water-talk.org, I'll properly join there once I'm on more regularly (~2 weeks). 'til then, Soak on!
I encourage all of you to check out Water-Talk, but don't stop posting here! This place needs you to talk as much as ever!
Whatever music you listen to probably sucks.

Freakymist

Post by Freakymist » Wed Oct 06, 2004 12:21 am

merged, skg as u can see there is already a topic on this...please don't spam ;)

Soakologist

Post by Soakologist » Wed Oct 06, 2004 1:24 am

Different threads, different subjects.
Don't say I'm spamming... that's insulting.

Spinner

Post by Spinner » Wed Oct 06, 2004 8:15 am

Moved to Internet forum. B)
ISS: Soaker Sagas

Submit your saga and see it up with other titans of water warfare.

Soakologist

Post by Soakologist » Wed Oct 06, 2004 6:16 pm

This is INTENDED for the general discussion forum.

Please do not modify this topic again.

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Wed Oct 06, 2004 6:50 pm

This is MY forum, and I was the original one to move it to Internet. Just check the moderator history of this topic (edit: forgot, admin only function). This is an internet relelated thread, and will remain in the internet forum.

Soakologist

Post by Soakologist » Wed Oct 06, 2004 8:00 pm

Don't get cranky with me, please... How in the world was I supposed to know you moved this?

NiborDude

Post by NiborDude » Wed Oct 06, 2004 8:23 pm

Does it matter who moved it? Besides its about an internet site, so it would make sense if it went in internet...

Edit:spelling

<span style='color:EEF2F7'>Blinding ignorance does mislead us. O! Wretched mortals, open your eyes! -Leonardo Da Vinci

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Wed Oct 06, 2004 8:32 pm

Originally posted by Soakologist@Oct 6 2004, 03:00 PM
Don't get cranky with me, please... How in the world was I supposed to know you moved this?
Sorry, thought that you could read that stuff (don't know why it is an admin-only function).

Anyway, just go to that forum and post something. Remember to stay at SSCentral as well, unlike iSoaker I am not shutting down these forums.

BlueSmudge

Post by BlueSmudge » Wed Oct 06, 2004 10:33 pm

Good. The idea of one forum for everything is a bit scary. We Don't want an aquatica redo in any way. If either forum falls, we still have the other.
--------------------------------------------------------------
BlueSoak.net
--------------------------------------------------------------

Soakologist

Post by Soakologist » Thu Oct 07, 2004 2:48 am

Originally posted by Soakologist@Oct 5 2004, 06:01 PM
If either site ceased to exist, then the board would still be run by both of the sites webmasters. Therefore, if Water-Talk would be dissolved, neither site would be obligated to shut down....
...I encourage all of you to check out Water-Talk, but don't stop posting here! This place needs you to talk as much as ever!
*ahem*

Freakymist

Post by Freakymist » Thu Oct 07, 2004 7:44 pm

Originally posted by Soakologist@Oct 5 2004, 07:24 PM
Different threads, different subjects.
Don't say I'm spamming... that's insulting.
and both threads are the same both hyping that water talk XPBackfire-esque <_<
and it wasn't suppose to be a compliment :rolleyes:

Soakologist

Post by Soakologist » Thu Oct 07, 2004 10:16 pm

If you could be any ruder without cussing, I don't know how you'd pull it off.

Learn some manners...

Freakymist

Post by Freakymist » Sat Oct 16, 2004 10:36 pm

While doom may turn the other way I will not. You have been spamming this, wether you admit it or not. We only need one topic on this, which was pinned.
Yet you make a news post on the front page then create and second thread. I really don't care what you do on your spare time but please don't shove it down our throats.

Note: Don't mess with my post again or there will be consquences!