Tactics Help

Topics about water war tactics, water war planning, and past water war stories.
matayahhu

Post by matayahhu » Thu Jun 24, 2004 4:09 pm

Hi.

My squad is having a big water gun fight in about two to three weeks. We have a regimental system set up, plenty of equitment and tactics. But as I look over it all, I worry that our tactics depend to heavily on what the enemy should do. Basicly, our enemy usually tends to fight a heavily defensive war. Their house has their hose behind some large shrubs, so they set up a bunker position in there. My plans presume that, like in the past to years, they don't pursue us. But this year looks different. We're all older smarter, and we're having a much bigger war. When both teams arrive, we may have a 25 vs. 25 match on our hands.

I depend very heavily on tactics, but his will be our biggest fight ever, so I have to plan more thoroughly. What I'm trying to say, if an enemy is planning a defensive war what plans should I have and what back up plans should I have.

Belisaurius

Post by Belisaurius » Thu Jun 24, 2004 4:18 pm

I'd get some bikers out as scouts early on. Use the street pattern to isolate enemy divisions and then move in with your ground troops. What's the terrain like?
Victory to Unit 1!

matayahhu

Post by matayahhu » Thu Jun 24, 2004 9:03 pm

The terrain is... suburban. The hose I was talking about is loacted next to a window celler, which is behind a bush. They make their bunker thing in there. The whole front of the house is lined by these bushes. In front of this, there is a empty lawn. Lucky for me, the back yard is much more workable. There are four way to get there easy. Back there is a swing set, patio, second hose (which I'm planning to take off and dispose of). I could use biker scouts to take out any stragglers, but I've got patrols for that and such.

Like I've said before, I'm presuming they'll be purely defensive. I'm looking to see what else I should be conserned about.

blaze

Post by blaze » Thu Jun 24, 2004 9:24 pm

If they will be mostly defensive, one thing that will help is to have a HUGE amount of waterballoons. They can be thrown much further than soakers can shoot, and if they won't be moving much then this is the primary way you should try to soak them.

BlueSmudge

Post by BlueSmudge » Thu Jun 24, 2004 10:02 pm

Do you know what type of guns the enemy team has? If they are using any QFD guns you could lock the their QFD. If you have the money to replace them, you should slash their hoses.
Also, use a wagon, or a soapbox derby car, or something and use it as a forward defense. It can be moved, and hold a few gallons of water, and a bunch of water balloons. When it is not in transport or use, cover it with a tarp so the enemy can't see what it is.
--------------------------------------------------------------
BlueSoak.net
--------------------------------------------------------------

matayahhu

Post by matayahhu » Fri Jun 25, 2004 1:51 pm

Both good tips. If I should have lots of water balloons, should I be interested in a water balloon launcher? It would seem pointless to me because there isn't a lot of space to fire it from, but maybe it could have some use. I have a supply wagon already, but I'm never sure what kind of weapons they'll use. They always use the hose as a weapon and a reloader, so we don't want to get to close. Other than that they'll probebly have a bunch of smaller soakers from the XP line, and one or two of the bigger CPS's (2500, 2000 etc...). They also might draft some smaller kids who would go at close range with buckets of water.

Spinner

Post by Spinner » Mon Jun 28, 2004 5:39 am

<sigh>: Help us help you

Please make a point of reading pinned topics: they are there for a reason.

So far, you've answered only some of the questions in that thread. We'd like more info if we are to help you more.
ISS: Soaker Sagas

Submit your saga and see it up with other titans of water warfare.

Phantom

Post by Phantom » Thu Jul 01, 2004 4:48 am

Well, you said that you were worried that your tactics were based on what the enemy should do. I would thinking up a few additional scenarios assuming they will not be purely defensive. Then, another tactician in your army tell you what he would do against the formations you have set up, the patrols routes, etc. Adjust accordingly.

If you are predicting them to change tactics abruptly, try to get some cap guns or little air hog water rockets. These can be used to signal to units to move back to base, blitz, whatever. Several questions that, if answered, I could use to provide a more detailed response:

1. How is your army organized? Do you have squads of 5? A main assault force with supplementary smaller forces? Anarchy?

2. How big (how many routes) is the playing field? Or, in Halo terms, are we talking Blood Gulch or Death Island/Sidewinder?

3. Are you the commander or tactician in your army? Do you have other tacticians?

4. Can you use this site to provide aerial photos of the battleground?

matayahhu

Post by matayahhu » Thu Jul 01, 2004 11:35 am

1. I have three squads of five and an empty squad that is used for extra people. One squad is main fighting force. Another secures the backyard via secret route so they can't reload there and can't sneak inside. The last is heavy support, now loaded and ready with tons of water balloons, a 2500, 2 4100's, and a 2100 for cover support. The first squad will be loaded with mid sized-light weapons to blitz the enemy and the second mid-to heavy to secure their position.

2. Much to my dismay I have not yet played halo and do not know what you are talking about.

3. I am the sole army commander and one of three tacticle commanders.

4. Tell me what you need to know about the battleground, as that photo is really XPBackfire-esquepy.