Go Back   Super Soaker Central > Water gun technology > Homemade water guns
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Welcome to the SSC Forums! You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and more. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.
Important note: The SSC forums are now in archive mode. WaterWar.net is the new online discussion board for the water gun hobby.

Old 01-13-2005, 03:53 PM   #1
ccates

UserID: 328

Hey everyone, my name is Chris and I have a question that needs to be answered. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Is it possible to make a remote controled water gun without pumping it first, and if so... would it be very powerful?

Thank you,
Chris
ccates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2005, 03:57 PM   #2
NiborDude
Retired Moderator

UserID: 131

Now when you mean remote controled, do you mean a water gun that pumps itself? Or do you mean like a gun ontop of an RC racer? I'm a little confused on what you mean.

<span style='color:EEF2F7'>Blinding ignorance does mislead us. O! Wretched mortals, open your eyes! -Leonardo Da Vinci
NiborDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2005, 04:07 PM   #3
ccates

UserID: 328

Imagine...

Setting a water gun or some other contraption down somewhere and you hide behind some bushes. When someone walks by, you press a button and the water shoots out.
ccates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2005, 04:15 PM   #4
NiborDude
Retired Moderator

UserID: 131

There's actually something like that. A water balloon launcher on a site called Aqua Labs. It uses a battery and some other things to release air in its PC. Your soaker can be as good as you can hope. Building something like a Doom Homemade and creating a button trigger is very do-able. But, it takes time and money.

<span style='color:EEF2F7'>Blinding ignorance does mislead us. O! Wretched mortals, open your eyes! -Leonardo Da Vinci
NiborDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2005, 04:17 PM   #5
Commander_Gaunt

UserID: 219

I don't see why not, you would need to make a homemade though, and then release pressure remotely, however if I was going to do that, I would have a motion detector added and just have a remote control for on/off and to vary sensitivity.

EDIT: Wrote that exactly the same time as nibourdude so they say similar things.
Old 01-13-2005, 04:54 PM   #6
Ben
Founder

UserID: 1

http://www.sscentral.net/gallery/weapons/?pic=15

Not sure if this is what you meant, but a remotely-controled Splashzooka requires no pumping.

Anyway, Pepper and I have made remote-controled water guns before. I made a remotely controled CPS 1000 and the image above is Pepper's RC Splashzooka. My gun actually was activated by a tripped laser, so you wouldn't need to put someone on it. Though, I never got the trigger pulling mechanism to work correctly. :P

[email address] / Please read this before emailing or PMing me

Do not ask me water gun questions by email or PM. Please post the question at the forum. Private questions and suggestions are welcome by PM and email. Also, I do not sell or buy water guns online.
Ben is offline   Reply With Quote