Go Back   Super Soaker Central > Water gun technology > Homemade water guns
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Welcome to the SSC Forums! You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and more. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.
Important note: The SSC forums are now in archive mode. WaterWar.net is the new online discussion board for the water gun hobby.

Old 01-12-2005, 07:13 PM   #1
sedgej

UserID: 322

I have a question about the 2 liter homemade. It seems (by the description) that you need to connect the construction to an actual hose to fire it... is this so?
sedgej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2005, 06:40 AM   #2
vaporizer28

UserID: 181

I think that you need to connect it to a hose to pressurize, but not to fire.

Detach the yellow attachment and attach the hose, pressurize, close valve, reattach yellow attachment.(attach attack!)

I'm thinking about making a homemade gun sometime soon.

^This was made by Superstormer. What, do you think it got here on its own?
vaporizer28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2005, 04:43 PM   #3
Ben
Founder

UserID: 1

Hmm... I thought I replied to this.

Well anyway, to explain, it only is pressurized by the hose. You'll need some sort of gardening attachment to fill the gun, this attachment should be available at a hardware store. After the pressurization is complete, you can remove the gun from the hose and use it elsewhere. If the gun was attached to the hose permanently then I wouldn't consider it much of a homemade and likely wouldn't make an article on it.

[email address] / Please read this before emailing or PMing me

Do not ask me water gun questions by email or PM. Please post the question at the forum. Private questions and suggestions are welcome by PM and email. Also, I do not sell or buy water guns online.
Ben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2005, 07:37 PM   #4
sedgej

ok.. thanks guys.. but do u need to pressurize it each time of use?...... which would make sense
Old 01-17-2005, 09:29 AM   #5
Ben
Founder

Yes, pressurization after each shot is complete is required (if you intend to shoot again). That is why this gun is not the most battle-ready gun -- pressurization is somewhat complicated and can take more time compared to a normal QFD. If you like this design for whatever reason, with an old or broken QFD-based gun you can make this work off the QFD. I did! I took a Triple Shot tank and modified it so I could attach tubing to it. The actual tank part was removed and the inside tubing had another tube attached to it. I sadly do not have any pictures of this, though I doubt any would be needed.

Do not ask me water gun questions by email or PM. Please post the question at the forum. Private questions and suggestions are welcome by PM and email. Also, I do not sell or buy water guns online.
Old 01-17-2005, 10:30 AM   #6
USSA

UserID: 90

Mine pressurizes in about 3 seconds, but I have very good pressure in my hose. Anyway when I built mine I added a 3/4" PVC "TA" (with threading) and here I've attached a 'quick disconnect no leak' gizmo. (Note it's in gardening and made of brass) You have one part of it on the spigot and the other on the gun. Just snap them together, it opens the valve and pressurizes. Anyway it's the homemade version of a qfd.

Sorry if this is unclear but it's rather hard to explain. On a side note the piece is used for quickly connecting and disconnecting device such as sprinklers and hose heads.
USSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2005, 10:54 AM   #7
Ben
Founder

I understand completely what you're talking about because I've seen those same parts and used some of them. However, I don't think everyone will understand just because they haven't seen those parts.

In homemade QFDs, I like using a 3/4" threaded female coupler with a few other parts to pressurized. Simple system, but I'm sure there's a better one.

This makes me think, has anyone made an actual homemade, SS-compatable QFD? Shouldn't be too hard and likely would outlast any normal QFD.

Old 01-18-2005, 01:12 PM   #8
sedgej

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
whats QFD? Hey, that's funny. im a pure nooob
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Old 01-18-2005, 02:35 PM   #9
Ben
Founder

Before I post this, let me warn you that adding extra characters to extend the length of your post is not allowed and that WAS WRITTEN ON THE PAGE THAT TELLS YOU YOUR POST IS TOO SHORT. I can't make it any more obvious and I get mad when people bypass that this way. If you've got a problem with this limitation, by all means, bring it up in the topic meant for it. Also, a spell check is provided and good grammar would be appreciated at least. I'm not trying to be mean, just trying to cut the XPBackfire-esque out of our forums.

A quick check of one of the glossaries of terms on our site would have returned what you were looking for. Remember, checking the site always is a great way to find what you're looking for.

Another rule of thumb: If you think a post is a inexperienced user one, don't post it. If you think that you're a inexperienced user, follow the rules and you won't be one. inexperienced users only are the ignorant and you won't be ignorant if you educate yourself.

Old 01-18-2005, 02:40 PM   #10
Soaker Leader
Old timer....

UserID: 290

A QFD is a "quick fill device. Many CPS soakers use the QFD. Its a thing that you put the nozzle in and water goes into the gun automaticaly filling and pressurizing the gun for you.
Soaker Leader is offline   Reply With Quote