"Forum revolutions"

Suggestions, comments, questions, and developments related to the Super Soaker Central site and forums.
SSCBen

"Forum revolutions"

Post by SSCBen » Sun Oct 23, 2005 5:39 pm

This thread is locked from the start, so if you would like to say something, please do in a Private Message. Do not bring this up in other threads.

We recently had a "forum revolution". Drewsky came on and showed his great displeasure in my policy of giving spelling and grammar tips and promoting good spelling and grammar. Apparently he takes great offense to this policy.

Now I didn't want to sound unreasonable, so I did go and check to see if I had been a little too heavy on the spelling and grammar. I wasn't, and if anything I am too light. Only one of my last 25 posts even touches upon spelling and grammar, and what I said wasn't unreasonable. I literally can't read that style of posting - it's not the English language to me.

Drewsky was banned, however, the reason is completely unrelated to his thread. He violated our COPPA compliance when he joined our forum. He said he was born on Jan. 1st, 1980 when in reality, he's not 13 yet. For legal reason I have no choice but to ban those who are below 13 years of age.

Milkman did say "the forums have gone from a friendly Super Soaker community to a dictatorship with heavy politics." and I closed the thread before I had a chance to reply to that statement. Some of you people are spoiled and don't know what a bad forum is like. If this is a "dictatorship with heavy politics", then I don't know how you would describe an actual bad forum.

Simply put, quit the hype and quit the revolutions. Those kinds of things are what plagued Aquatica, in fact I would argue that they were the only problems really. We are having a great time right overall right now. If you don't like that I give people spelling and grammar tips and promote good spelling and grammar, then I would highly suggest leaving this forum. I am sure that there are other forums that you would be happy at, and if there are not, I would suggest making your own forum.

As always, if you have a problem with our forum, please bring it up with me.
Last edited by SSCBen on Sun Oct 23, 2005 9:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.