Hehe, small children in water fights are funny.

Topics about water war tactics, water war planning, and past water war stories.
FlameKnight

Post by FlameKnight » Sun Dec 26, 2004 7:25 am

Hehe, had a little water fight with my 7 year old stepbrother, it was a bit of fun. I gave him my Supercharger 600 to use, but he kept complaining that it was too heavy :Hey, that's funny.:. Eventually he settled on using an XP 40 (though he still struggled to pump it), while I used my MXL.

It was amusing, because whenever he had to pump the XP 40, he would proclaim that he was "bali" (or "barley", I'm not sure which), supposedly meaning that I wasn't allowed to shoot him. I still did though, and he started crying (or at least whining real loud), saying "I'm not playing this game any more!".

Perhaps it was because the MXL was larger (and probably heavier) than he was, or that I was a little harsh in actually pointing it at him, but he kept throwing a tantrum for almost half an hour. That didn't stop me from shooting him though ;) .

I don't think I'll go water fighting with him anymore, or at least until he is able to carry a litre of water.

Jadefalcon09

Post by Jadefalcon09 » Sun Dec 26, 2004 7:15 pm

Wrong Forum, moving to Wars.

Yeah you have to be careful with mixing ages, a lot of guides out in Soakerdom recommend that. While people have individual personalities, some more mature than others, do be careful by looking at each individual soldier. Be slow and choose your soldiers, rather than them bickering when your stuck and surrounded on all sides. For my team, I do not hire anyone below 11-12, or anyone 2 years younger than our youngest member. I do make exceptions for talent, cooperation, and loyalty.

Spinner

Post by Spinner » Sun Dec 26, 2004 7:38 pm

I think that we have to be careful when having a water fight with someone that age. True, it may be fun to destroy their defences with our massive weaponry, but remember, we don't want to discourage them from water fights - they are the water gunners of the future. If, however, they associate water fights with not enjoying themselves, they could drop the sport altogether. That's not to say it's bad to beat them, just that it might be better to use weaponry more suited to their size - so if they have a XP 40, use a XP 220 yourself, or something similar like that. That way, they have a better chance of enjoying themselves and staying in water fights. One hopes then that when they hit their teenage years (or before), they'll reach for more powerful beasts. ;)

Post #850. B)
ISS: Soaker Sagas

Submit your saga and see it up with other titans of water warfare.

Godzillasoaker65

Post by Godzillasoaker65 » Sun Dec 26, 2004 9:01 pm

I thought my little cousin didn't like water wars because I wasn't giving her a chance so I let her use me as a target. :Hey, that's funny.: :Hey, that's funny.:
Soak, or be soaked that is the question!

RacerSoaker445

Post by RacerSoaker445 » Sun Dec 26, 2004 9:56 pm

I remember playing with the kids across the street, they must be the worst water gunners ever, they just kept following people around, pumping and pulling the trigger at the same time. And then when they got shot, they would scream "Ahhggg!" The 7 year old used a MD 5000 and had no trouble pumping, just had some problems pulling the trigger since it is so stiff. The 10 year old used a CPS 2100, he actually had to put the gun down to pump it because it was "so tough." The 12 year old used a CPS 3200 on the 20x and typhoon settings the whole game, he also had to put the gun down to pump. I used a CPS 1500, I had no problem pumping at all, I made no noise and went though the woods and behind their base, they said out loud, "I wonder where *my name* is?" So then I poked my gun out a bush and sniped them. Hey, that's funny., it was fun.
I don't check this forum anymore.

Lt.Winters

Post by Lt.Winters » Fri Jul 29, 2005 9:16 pm

At my summer camp, kids around my age or less have big egos. They talk the talk, but can't walk the walk (okay that was gay). Whenever I shoot them with my CPS 4100 on the 2x setting, they would try to grab my soaker out of my hands. Kids these days!
"In better days that lie ahead, men will speak with pride of our doings." --Gen. Monty

joannaardway

Post by joannaardway » Wed Mar 08, 2006 11:54 pm

I remember when I had to put down the large (but poor, now I think back) double-barreled soaker we had (or may still have) to pump it. Actually I may have done this with the XP 75 - I think over pumping may have killed this one.

Small children enjoy water fights, but when an experienced soaker warrior comes along with a 3 foot water gun, they are completely outclassed - at that age, winning is very important to children, and if they feel that they are losing, they will give up - it's evolutionary - if the people poor at a task don't do it, then others who are better in the social group will have more practise and become better still.

I was never completely outclassed, so that's why I persisted to this day.

Don't discourage them - without them, there will be no soaking future.
"Over the hills and far away, she prays he will return one day. As sure as the rivers reach the seas, back in his arms again she'll be." - Over the Hills and far away, Gary Moore

"So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by. Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky" - More than a feeling, Boston