Working on a Site

Discussion of other water gun websites.
mr. dude

Working on a Site

Post by mr. dude » Thu Feb 08, 2007 10:31 pm

Croc and I are building a site. It's called extrawater (and has the cheesiest slogan imaginable). We're still working on most of the content, but for now, we have reviews, tech, tactics, war stories, and a forum (chatroom included). We should be done sometime in March or April.
I just thought I should let everyone know.
And before anyone asks, yes I posted this on Isoaker already.

Silence

Post by Silence » Thu Feb 08, 2007 11:03 pm

Good luck! Can't wait to see the site up and running.

CROC

Post by CROC » Mon Feb 12, 2007 12:42 pm

Croc and I are building a site. It's called extrawater (and has the cheesiest slogan imaginable). We're still working on most of the content, but for now, we have reviews, tech, tactics, war stories, and a forum (chatroom included). We should be done sometime in March or April.
The site is somewhat complete, but mr. dude wants to have more articles for the site before he shows the link. He thinks it looks bad if you have a "coming soon" section for the articles.
-Croc
It's been a while guys, and its good to be back

Spinner

Post by Spinner » Mon Feb 12, 2007 5:51 pm

CROC wrote:The site is somewhat complete, but mr. dude wants to have more articles for the site before he shows the link. He thinks it looks bad if you have a "coming soon" section for the articles.
That's actually not a bad attitude to have. Articles that are just "coming soon" tend not to get finished quickly. So to want to get articles completed first is a good idea.

Should be good to see this site when it's up!
ISS: Soaker Sagas

Submit your saga and see it up with other titans of water warfare.

Silence

Post by Silence » Mon Feb 12, 2007 10:13 pm

Spinner wrote:That's actually not a bad attitude to have. Articles that are just "coming soon" tend not to get finished quickly. So to want to get articles completed first is a good idea.
I agree. All too often you see pages like that, that were either forgotten or ignored...

I'm liking the background too, the tiled image actually doesn't look too choppy.

Elliott

Post by Elliott » Sun Mar 11, 2007 5:14 pm

Ahh.. I wish I still had the time for projects like these, those were the days.

I still know PHP, MySQL and general web design though if you could ever use the help of a hardened veteran, other than that, good luck ^^.

Welli.

CROC

Post by CROC » Sun Mar 11, 2007 8:34 pm

Fairly dead, but ok...
Mostly, we have used HTML for the articles ( I have a couple articles on my ancient 50 mHz computer, need to upload)
Anyways, the site is coming along well.
~CROC
-Croc

CROC

Post by CROC » Mon May 07, 2007 11:52 pm

Sorry for my signature dead topic revival, but Extrawater is almost ready for the web!

We just have some small details to fix and a few more reviews and things to add to the site, but we are almost done! Expect a link here some time before June!
-Croc