Speedloader 1000 Internals

Threads about water gun modifications.
Veteran

Post by Veteran » Sat Oct 02, 2004 6:30 pm

Today I decided to take apart my SL 1000. It appears to have a cps cylenderical bladder, aside from that the internals are in one piece making for an easy re-assembly and a good overall gun.

Collosus and backpack mod anyone?

The trigger doesn't connect to the nozzle via wire like many super soakers making the trigger itself much less likely to break

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Sat Oct 02, 2004 10:35 pm

Nice pictures. I don't see how you could attach a backpack to it though. It doesn't even have a pump. What was your idea for that?

NiborDude

Post by NiborDude » Sun Oct 03, 2004 12:48 am

I'm guessing that Veteran was just kidding. It's interesting to see CPS technology in a non Super Soaker gun. Isn't CPS pattented? Cause if it is then that gun may be illeagal.

Edit: punctuation

<span style='color:EEF2F7'>Blinding ignorance does mislead us. O! Wretched mortals, open your eyes! -Leonardo Da Vinci

RacerSoaker445

Post by RacerSoaker445 » Sun Oct 03, 2004 2:05 am

Nibor, see this here.

Ohio Art was charged for Patent Infrigement for duplicating the CPS tech.
I don't check this forum anymore.

Veteran

Post by Veteran » Sun Oct 03, 2004 2:37 am

What I meant was that you could easily backpack mod that gun if you knew how.

NiborDude

Post by NiborDude » Sun Oct 03, 2004 5:19 am

Nibor, see this here.

Ohio Art was charged for Patent Infrigement for duplicating the CPS tech.
Ah... I see. I couldn't read the article because I'm not signed up for that site, so how much were they sued for?

<span style='color:EEF2F7'>Blinding ignorance does mislead us. O! Wretched mortals, open your eyes! -Leonardo Da Vinci

Storm

Post by Storm » Sun Oct 03, 2004 2:05 pm

What is the range on the SL 1000?
Storm

RacerSoaker445

Post by RacerSoaker445 » Sun Oct 03, 2004 3:17 pm

Here's the article:
BRYAN, Ohio - A federal judge has thrown out a patent infringement case against toy maker Ohio Art Co. over the design of its water gun.

Judge Joseph Irenas of U.S. District Court in Camden, N.J., ruled that Larami Ltd., a subsidiary of Hasbro Inc., had not shown that it was likely to win the case and denied a preliminary injunction.

Larami had charged that Ohio Art's A.R.M. 4000 XL water gun too closely resembled its Super Soaker water guns.

"We were confident that there was no merit to the suit filed by Larami and we are very pleased that we have prevailed in this case," said Bill Killgallon, chief executive of Bryan-based Ohio Art.

Ohio Art representatives said its design is unique because it is a one-arm operating water gun strapped to the user's arm.

Ohio Art, based in Bryan in northwest Ohio, is best known for making the classic baby boomer toy, Etch A Sketch.

A message was left for Hasbro on its Larami unit's plans on the suit but the call was not immediately returned.
I don't check this forum anymore.