Yet another dumb logic idea

General water gun discussion.
Monsoon

Post by Monsoon » Mon Apr 26, 2004 11:34 pm

Here are some things I think about 2004's soaker status:
Most can agree the Official Super Soakers suck this year. I say either buy something good from another name brand or get some old ones off Ebay.
Here are some problems with these XPBackfire-esque soakers:
-The Helix is more novelty than useful
-The 3A's shot is XPBackfire-esque
-The Liquidator is STILL not avaliable in many places
-The Hydro Blade is again, more novelty than useful
-The Vaporizer is the only Official Super Soaker actually worth buying.

Last year didn't do too well either with that EES XPBackfire-esque. Good thing they still had some CPS's on the shelves (I got a CPS 2100 AND a Splashzooka from Toys R Us last year).

Hasbro is going to lose what I think is a quarter of their sales if they keep selling bad stuff. Most can agree, ever since Hasbro took over Laramie, all they did was ruin these once perfect water weapons.

Homemades/mods are the way of the future. I'm worried about K modding my CPS 2100 because I don't want to lose my only CPS when they don't sell them anymore.
Do not underestimate the power of stupidity in large groups

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Tue Apr 27, 2004 12:06 am

If only more people agreed! I've been saying that for a while, you can't be an older warrior and expect a toy company to give you what you want. We don't fight with toys. ;)

Some of my friends think the 2004 stuff doesn't actually seem so bad, one wants to buy the water worm because he thinks it's something completely new, but it's not, and it's XPBackfire-esque.

blaze

Post by blaze » Tue Apr 27, 2004 12:09 am

I have a feeling that soakertag soakers will stay around for a while. they're cheap and easy to make. also, if you can, id suggest getting some 2 pack of tiny weapons they still sell (xp [iforgotnumber], maxd 2000) because they're better than a vaporizer, though I agree that the vaporizer is pretty much the only one that isnt worthless.

Neuro

Post by Neuro » Tue Apr 27, 2004 12:38 am

now part of that isn't true - the helix' spinning mechanism is far more difficult to make than normal soakers. but yes, I agree. 2004 is XPBackfire-esque.
"I used to care, but now I take a pill for that."

You can pretty much ignore the times on that, I rarely ever have Xfire on when I play. I should, though.

BlueSmudge

Post by BlueSmudge » Tue Apr 27, 2004 1:01 am

I would say the helix is about the same as the vaporizer, it just costs twice as much, and I assume it is harder to mod because of that spinning mechinism on the front.
--------------------------------------------------------------
BlueSoak.net

Neuro

Post by Neuro » Tue Apr 27, 2004 1:04 am

menothinks so...
"I used to care, but now I take a pill for that."

You can pretty much ignore the times on that, I rarely ever have Xfire on when I play. I should, though.

BlueSmudge

Post by BlueSmudge » Tue Apr 27, 2004 1:06 am

what makes you think it is better or worse. the working are vary similar, the helix is two vaporizer shots spinning. Almost the same I think.
BlueSoak.net

Xray

Post by Xray » Tue Apr 27, 2004 3:41 pm

If I can find a simple (cheap in legal fees type of thing) way to break their SS Patents id get somewhere...

If I can figure it out im going to go to a local plastic prototype fabricator and see what I can afford to do with some designs im making in a CAD program. No im not posting these designs... :P

I wanna see where I can go with this, if its possible I'll try to make a few guns and maybe sell them online... im not sure it will make it this far though.

BTW, does anyone know if they have international patents for SS's? im not in the US so... ;)

-blake

Hasbro can burn, in a place below us which I won't name (to save the little kids and some religious people)

Spinner

Post by Spinner » Tue Apr 27, 2004 3:45 pm

Originally posted by Xray@Apr 27 2004, 04:41 PM
BTW, does anyone know if they have international patents for SS's? im not in the US so... ;)
I'd say almost certainly - otherwise they'd be loads of non-Hasbro CPS guns on the market. Where are you then, Canada?

BTW, which CAD program do you use? I use TurboCAD at the moment...
ISS: Soaker Sagas

Submit your saga and see it up with other titans of water warfare.

RacerSoaker445

Post by RacerSoaker445 » Tue Apr 27, 2004 4:15 pm

[at]Xray
Once you get the guns and all that, I'll make a nice logo for ya.

[at]The Helix
Is there a way to stop it from spinning?
I don't check this forum anymore.

Xray

Post by Xray » Tue Apr 27, 2004 9:04 pm

Yes Canada. Im using PowerCADD on my Mac.

I've gotta think of a new design then... or give up, or break the patent by slightly changing a certain thing.

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Tue Apr 27, 2004 9:19 pm

I would already be selling homemade CPS soakers if I could do it legally. I'm not sure about Canada, I do know most of the US patent laws.

You likely could make the Helix stop spinning with modding. It would be cheaper though to buy a Vaporizer.

Spinner

Post by Spinner » Tue Apr 27, 2004 10:30 pm

Originally posted by RacerSoaker445@Apr 27 2004, 05:15 PM
[at]The Helix
Is there a way to stop it from spinning?
I think you could fairly easily and cheaply, just take out the gear system and nozzle and replace with a straight length of pipe. Look at the internals I sent in to SSC. B)
ISS: Soaker Sagas

Submit your saga and see it up with other titans of water warfare.

BlueSmudge

Post by BlueSmudge » Wed Apr 28, 2004 3:06 am

whast the point, then you just have an ugly Vaporizer that cost you twice as much...
BlueSoak.net