How does the QFD work in the Netherlands?

Threads about how water guns work and other miscellaneous water gun technology threads.
Medievall_madness

How does the QFD work in the Netherlands?

Post by Medievall_madness » Mon Nov 29, 2010 12:51 am

I recently bought MX and a MXL. I just don't know how to properly use the QFD. Can anyone explain me how to attach a hose to these guns?

I also saw a YouTube movie with a MXL continuosly firing, probably directly connected to a hose with enough pressure. How van I do this?

zeda.beta

Re: How does the QFD work in the Netherlands?

Post by zeda.beta » Tue Nov 30, 2010 11:58 pm

Okay, to start you need to attatch the QFD to the hose.

Then you put the QFD onto the orange quick fill port on your gun.
It will charge your PC until it is full, or allow you to fire without pumping.

Edit: WOOT 500 POSTS!
I reject your reality and substitute my own.
Quack damn you.

-G-JiV-

Post by -G-JiV- » Wed Dec 01, 2010 1:44 pm

Medievall_madness wrote:I recently bought MX and a MXL. I just don't know how to properly use the QFD. Can anyone explain me how to attach a hose to these guns?

I also saw a YouTube movie with a MXL continuously firing, probably directly connected to a hose with enough pressure. How van I do this?
You mean this one ?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2rIEfyV9bIc

Hahah, this is my video of my modded monster XL: :D :D

" TheGJIV " ;D

I have 14 further videos on there ... NEWest upload is SS POWER PAK haha, one of my best soakage ;D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oBfc2fzw ... er&list=UL

You are right, my Monster XL fires continueosly, wait some seconds and the PC is even full and pressure is maximum :D

Already mentioned: Connect QFD to your hose. Twist on the water. Put your SC weapon into the QFD and let it fill your PC. Some guns(Monster X, Monster XL i.g.) also fill their reservoir after the PC is full. But watch out!
An overfillment of your gun may lead to a broken gun-mechanic inside...

But usually it works great without problems :)
A gunner has to do what his Soaker requires...

soakernerd

Post by soakernerd » Wed Dec 01, 2010 2:40 pm

G-Jiv, he is asking how to set it up so the watergun is firing while attached to the hose, so that it never runs out of ammo. This is possible with the 3200, where you attach a garden hose to the gun where the gun connects to the backpack.
Pessimist: These blasters hold no water
Optimist: But their small output means they last just as long
Marketing: Huge blasts of water!
user: I shot it at an angle and it went a whole ten feet!

-G-JiV-

Post by -G-JiV- » Wed Dec 01, 2010 3:40 pm

I know, as you can see on my video, I modified my Monster XL so it fires without ending...never runs out of ammo. This is possible with every watergun which has a QFD-attachment.

I have built a garden adapter which fits with the QFD-"nozzle" (lets call it like this). I can now connect the garden hose directly with all Soakers(with QFD nozzle), so I never run out of ammo. Firing without an end, but you cannot move very far, as long as you are connected to the garden hose ;) Just connect, use your gun as a battle station, fire as long as necessary(usually till all ran away) and then let the PC be filled again, disconnect and chase them again :D

It is not that easy to build but, as you can see, I managed it so it is possible :)

Medievall_madness

Post by Medievall_madness » Wed Dec 01, 2010 9:26 pm

I get the point. Now I need the part that I can attach to the end of a gardenhose. It looks like in the Netherlands we have another system to connect a hose and a watergun. In fact we don't have anything like that at all.
I need the part at end of the hose. Where and how can I get this? If not available in Europe, where to buy it in the USA?

Any help again welcome. And of course thanks guys for your info sofar. I really appreciate it.

-G-JiV-

Post by -G-JiV- » Wed Dec 01, 2010 9:44 pm

So, are you looking for the thing, you screw into the QFD, and where you connect the garden hose ? I do have such a thing :) May I can send one to you, if you give me a bit extra money :)

I need your garden hose adapter, so I can be sure, it willl work.

Medievall_madness

Post by Medievall_madness » Fri Dec 03, 2010 11:02 pm

I believe it is a bit difficult to send my gardenhoseadapter all the way to you, since I live in the Netherlands. Better is that you send me the complete "assembly" which I can connect on one side directly to the hose and with the other side to the qfd on the supersoaker.
I will pay for the assembly of course. Just mail me a few detailed pictures of what you have for me and if ok I will pay for it.

-G-JiV-

Post by -G-JiV- » Fri Dec 03, 2010 11:06 pm

Medievall_madness wrote:I believe it is a bit difficult to send my gardenhoseadapter all the way to you, since I live in the Netherlands. Better is that you send me the complete "assembly" which I can connect on one side directly to the hose and with the other side to the qfd on the supersoaker.
I will pay for the assembly of course. Just mail me a few detailed pictures of what you have for me and if ok I will pay for it.
...I meant you should take a picture and post it here^^ :D

Show me a picture of your garden hose, I will take pictures of what I can send you :)

Medievall_madness

Post by Medievall_madness » Sat Dec 04, 2010 11:05 pm

I see you are from Austria. The hose had a normal Gardena plastic at the end. Maybe this info helps.

-G-JiV-

Post by -G-JiV- » Sun Dec 05, 2010 8:15 am

An image says more then thousand words^^

On the left side(into the QFD) you put in the QFD-Nozzle, on the right side you put in your hose.

What do you need now ?

martianshark

Post by martianshark » Sun Dec 05, 2010 8:34 pm

Do you have PVC in the Netherlands? If you do, you could build an adapter out of PVC if someone sent you a PVC male hose adapter.