Missing o-rings.

Repairs to water guns. Please put repair topics in this forum so that people do not have to sort through so many topics when looking for a repair. If a fix is included in the topic, please add (Fixed) before the topic title to indicate so.
Kendo

Missing o-rings.

Post by Kendo » Fri May 04, 2007 7:14 pm

Hi,

I want to repair my Monster X, but i'm missing some parts. Nothing big, just two o-rings, i guess.

and

what kind of o-rings are these and what size? I searched the forums, but couldn't figure this out.

Regards,
Ken

C-A_99

Post by C-A_99 » Fri May 04, 2007 8:10 pm

Try measuring the o-ring positions yourself. ;)

Didn't know another o-ring goes inside the super charger system. Can anyone comfirm this?

Silence

Post by Silence » Fri May 04, 2007 8:37 pm

Welcome to the forums!

Frankly, I'd just take measurements or bring the piece into a hardware/plumbing store and try out O-rings. The packages can usually be opened before buying, so try it and see what fits. :cool:

Kendo

Post by Kendo » Fri May 04, 2007 8:54 pm

Hi,

thanks for the warm welcome!

well, i tried measuring, but i couldn't find rings that fit. I hoped by knowing the exact dimensions, i could ask a local plumber for them. There seems to be different o-rings, too. Round and squared ones. If somebody with a working Monster X could take a look at it, it'd be very nice. The plug is just screwed onto.

There has to be another o-ring, because closing for the fast recharge thingy wouldn't be sealed. (without it the water comes back out of it and its impossible to charge, the water keeps coming out of port)

Silence

Post by Silence » Fri May 04, 2007 8:58 pm

Definitely use the round O-rings. Square ones defeat the purpose of the seal tightening, because more pressure won't squish the rubber tighter against the wall. There'd also be a lot more friction if the O-ring is tight.

Sounds like going to the store might be the only option now. My local Lowes has a bunch of O-rings, and the plastic packages can be opened and closed without breaking anything. Makes testing easy enough. :)

Good luck with the repair! I've always wanted a Monster X.

Kendo

Post by Kendo » Fri May 04, 2007 9:14 pm

Well... it is a bit sad, but i will have to sell it. So I'm repairing and cleaning it.

I had very much fun with it, but i didn't use it for almost 3 years now. And it hurts my heart that it doesn't get the attention it should get.

I'll try the round ones for the repair. Trying seems to be my only option.