An Idea...

Threads about how water guns work and other miscellaneous water gun technology threads.
Juno

Post by Juno » Sat Apr 02, 2005 7:47 pm

A mass driver, quite simply, is a device that acelerates a load in a bucket like device at high speeds and then stops. The load however, continues to move. If a water war mass driver could be built, it would make pneumatic WBLs look like dime store squirt guns.

Advantages:

Delivery of HUGE amounts of water to a target
Intimidation factor
Possibility of Extreme ranges.

Disadvantages

It will take some genius to build this
Hard to aim

Sorry, but I can't find a host that can host this picture.
Got a CPS 2000 well you know it makes me feel alright,
Have an XP by my pillow, helps me sleep a little better at night.
There truly is no feeling any greater, than to soak first and ask questions later.
Now I'm, Soaker Happy, Soaker Happy every day.

RacerSoaker445

Post by RacerSoaker445 » Sat Apr 02, 2005 7:51 pm

Sounds interesting. Try hosting the pic Here.
I don't check this forum anymore.

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Sat Apr 02, 2005 10:04 pm

I doubt there'd be any "Possibility of Extreme ranges." with such a device. If a properly sized nozzle is put on it, I suppose the water will be pushed out by the force and it might get good range.

The problem is making a device with enough force... you would be better off spending your money on extremely high pressure-rated PVC and make a true "water cannon."

Dark Elite

Post by Dark Elite » Sun Apr 03, 2005 2:55 pm

You may have seen rail guns in video games... They are technically known as Mass Drivers, and they are the same. What I am saying is, if this worked you wouldn't be hitting people with water, you'd be firing water straight though them. Although, the water would likely just lapse into a shotgun blast rather than an actual stream.
Visit <span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:red'>Sam's Supercars

<span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color :o range'><span style='font-family:Arial'><u>My Weaponry</u>
CPS2100 (Thank You King Soaker&#33 ;)
1 Liquidator/Pressurizer
1 Max-D 6000
1 XP310 w/my own power mod and 8 balloon XPS mod
2 piston-pistols (backup)