Parts For Cps 2500

Repairs to water guns. Please put repair topics in this forum so that people do not have to sort through so many topics when looking for a repair. If a fix is included in the topic, please add (Fixed) before the topic title to indicate so.
Ghiniflip

Parts For Cps 2500

Post by Ghiniflip » Tue Jun 01, 2004 6:50 pm

Don't know if this should go under trading or not, so...

I'm looking for parts for a CPS 2500. Specifically, I need a trigger. Mine just broke. I opened it up and the plastic piece acutally snapped/broke, so I think I need a new one. It's not like I can just reattach the mechanism or anything like that. I would try glue or epoxy, but I don't think that this would hold it together. If anyone has any suggestions that would work other than just getting a new triger, I'm all ears.

Also, if anyone has one, I'm looking for a new valve or suggestions on how to clean the valve. I don't know if anyone remembers or not, but about a month ago I posted on this site saying that the pump on my 2500 was extremely stiff. Well, it turns out that it was abnormally stiff because I acquired a second 2500 and the pump on this one is extremely smooth. When I took the soaker apart, the stiffness is in the sections of PVC that form the pump mechanism, not the track.

Hope this all makes sense. I'd appreciate any suggestions or anyone who has parts to sell. (Doom? ;) )

RacerSoaker445

Post by RacerSoaker445 » Tue Jun 01, 2004 7:15 pm

I need one for my 1500, anyone have one?
I don't check this forum anymore.

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Tue Jun 01, 2004 7:19 pm

http://www.sscentral.net/tech/repairs/trigger.php

Remember that the board guidelines suggest doing a search. The info on how to repair triggers was on the site! While it does not work all the time for completely snapped triggers, it still should be able to repair your trigger.

The only one I know who has tried it this way who hasn't got it to work was blaze, and he did an interesting method that I think I should explain. First he sanded the parts he was going to glue. Then he drilled 2 holes on each side of the crack and then took a wire and pulled them together, then he twisted it tight. I think he had some strong glue in between the two pieces while he did that. After that he glued it all together and let it dry. He probably cut off the excess wire after it was glued.

I really don't understand what you are talking about with "the valve". It sounds to me just like you've got a dirty pump, clean it out with soap and water and rinse it good. Then you might want to lubricate the parts that were slow moving.

I don't have any extra triggers to sell right now. I don't even own a large amount of soakers. I only have a handful, nothing as large as iSoaker's armoury. ;)