To Much Pressure for Trigger Valve?

Repairs to water guns. Please put repair topics in this forum so that people do not have to sort through so many topics when looking for a repair. If a fix is included in the topic, please add (Fixed) before the topic title to indicate so.
ZOCCOZ

To Much Pressure for Trigger Valve?

Post by ZOCCOZ » Tue Dec 06, 2005 10:55 pm

My K-Modded CPS1200 can not take more than 4 pumps. After more pumps, the trigger valve no longer opens, no matter how deep I pull the trigger. I opened it up several times just for that reason alone, and no changes regardless of how the trigger was re-aligned. Is it comon that to much pressure will result in the incapacity of a trigger valve?

DX

Post by DX » Tue Dec 06, 2005 11:04 pm

That shouldn't be happening. A 12K should be able to take 10-30 pumps. Did you do a CVF? The only other thing I can think of is a problem within the trigger valve itself, but that couldn't be it because it can hold the first few pumps. Weird.
Mess With the Best, Get Soaked Like the Rest!

2004 Red Sox - World Series Champions
2007 Red Sox - World Series Champions!

ZOCCOZ

Post by ZOCCOZ » Tue Dec 06, 2005 11:30 pm

Yep, it got the total CVF treatment. The trigger was already very worn down to begin with, but still could take the 20 pumps un-modded. After the mod, beyond a certain pressure the trigger valve no longer opens. Even with 4 pumps the trigger has to realy be pushed down with the upper part(more muscley part near the knuckle) of the finger in order to get a shot out.
If I pump beyond 5 pumps, I have to open the soaker up and remove the PC to get rid of the pressure, which with 10 pumps is incredibly messy and explosive.

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Wed Dec 07, 2005 11:01 am

The only thing you can do to alleviate this problem is remove balloons as far as I know. Remove 10 balloons, try it out, and then remove some more or add some more until you reach the point where your gun operates more normally.