max d 6000 trigger problem

Repairs to water guns. Please put repair topics in this forum so that people do not have to sort through so many topics when looking for a repair. If a fix is included in the topic, please add (Fixed) before the topic title to indicate so.
CPS

max d 6000 trigger problem

Post by CPS » Sat Sep 10, 2005 1:18 am

i picked up a max d 6000 from the dump a little while ago, it was broken (hence at the the dump).
the problem is that when I pump it the water just goes straight out the nozzle instead of pressurising. i know there is an article on this on the site but the info isn't detailed enough.

EDIT 1: 1 picture at: http://www.geocities.com/cps_xp/101_5803.JPG

EDIT2 :more info:when you pull back the trigger the black cord still moves, and so does the white thing attached to it (the valve)

EDIT3:a video: (don't think it works,(the video)) http://us.share.geocities.com/cps_xp/101_5806.MOV

EDIT4:i can manually reset the valve so i can use it, but without the case. went outside to test it, pumped it up, then it exploded on me... work to do.

EDIT5:found the broken peice, it was a spring! some help you guys are :p
Last edited by CPS on Sat Sep 10, 2005 6:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

Storm

Post by Storm » Mon Dec 12, 2005 7:20 pm

Been awhile since I've been on here so I could be wrong...

As soon as I hear a problem with water spurting out what comes to mind is trigger valve. I imagine if water is coming out as you pump, only 2 possible things are happening. Either you have your finger on the trigger... Or more likely the trigger valve isn't closing. Max-D's in my opinion are always hard to fix when it comes to the trigger valve. Like always, find a spring or elastic whatever you can get your hands on. Attach the elastic or spring to make the trigger valve close into place and it should work good as new.

Hope I helped
Storm

LIGHT ANNIHILATOR

Post by LIGHT ANNIHILATOR » Mon Dec 12, 2005 9:14 pm

I have seen this problem up close before on my friend's md-6000. I would go with what storm said if I were you. :cool:
Playstation 3: Check the Consumer Elecronic Show (CES) early next month for more PS3 info, and possible confirmation of a release date

CROC

Post by CROC » Thu May 04, 2006 10:55 am

Storm wrote:As soon as I hear a problem with water spurting out what comes to mind is trigger valve. I imagine if water is coming out as you pump, only 2 possible things are happening. Either you have your finger on the trigger... Or more likely the trigger valve isn't closing. Max-D's in my opinion are always hard to fix when it comes to the trigger valve. Like always, find a spring or elastic whatever you can get your hands on. Attach the elastic or spring to make the trigger valve close into place and it should work good as new.
You are very right, the trigger valve does not close (My Max-D 5000 had the same problem) all the way. If you do this repair, it works great, because it just tugs the valve a little bit further than it would normally go back
-Croc
It's been a while guys, and its good to be back