Multiple Pcs Seperate Shots

Threads about water gun modifications.
USSA

Post by USSA » Wed Jun 30, 2004 8:23 pm

Just an idea.... would it be possible to make doom's new air pressure gun but with say 4 pcs. The obvious problem with this would be the phenominal amount of pumps. But what if every pump had its own individual ball valve. That way you could pressurize as many or as few of your pcs as you wanted. This would also give a large advantage in battle. you could for example use the shots in two of your pcs. (still 1.5 liters) then shut off those valves and switch to the other two pcs. In short you'd have a never ending supply of water. U gys are the experts so I want to know in theory could this work? If so I may build one (its beyond me why I can build guns but not buy them... is it a learning experience... mind u I'm not complaining)

wetmonkey442

Post by wetmonkey442 » Wed Jun 30, 2004 8:43 pm

A great idea. yes, it coudl be done, the only thign I am confused about is this: You said each pump has it's own ball valve. What? What does that mena? Is there four pumps? or one pump that splits into four pipes leadign to the pressure chambers. Also, how would you be able to pressurize the pressure chambers alone seeing as you cannot pressurize the pipe leadign to them, because a ball valve is there.
Join the fight! Support water warfare in your area today!

USSA

Post by USSA » Wed Jun 30, 2004 9:10 pm

Originally posted by wetmonkey442@Jun 30 2004, 03:43 PM
A great idea. yes, it coudl be done, the only thign I am confused about is this: You said each pump has it's own ball valve. What? What does that mena? Is there four pumps? or one pump that splits into four pipes leadign to the pressure chambers. Also, how would you be able to pressurize the pressure chambers alone seeing as you cannot pressurize the pipe leadign to them, because a ball valve is there.
ok I can't post a pic because this computer is evil but I'll try to explain...

you have a main pipe with 4 pc's on it. Each pc is .75 liters these pcs all conect to the main line however before they do they reach a ball valve. In an open state air/water could pass directly from the pc to the tube. However if the valve was closed then the air/water would be trapped inside the pc. (picture a closed bottle of coke) So what you do is individually presurize each of the pcs (by keepng three pcs closed and one open at a time) Once they are all pressurized then they could be used in trun to giveyou an unlimited spray... In short the whole thing is a repressurization process like u were going to do with co2. On the note of the gun however you could have 1-4 of the pcs open so that if needed you could have a tremendously long shot time.

I'll try to make it clearer if this still doesn't make sense

wetmonkey442

Post by wetmonkey442 » Wed Jun 30, 2004 9:13 pm

No I understand. However, you would not have an unlimited amoutn of power, simpyl more than usual. A good idea howeve,r but costly due to the many ballvalves.
Join the fight! Support water warfare in your area today!

USSA

Post by USSA » Wed Jun 30, 2004 9:22 pm

given <regarding shot time> and my mom owes me $1800 I think I can get a couple extra ball valves

blaze

Post by blaze » Wed Jun 30, 2004 11:53 pm

Yes it'll work, and it could be great. If you want minimal pumps, close all the valves but one. If you want maximum capacity, open all of them. The idea of pumping everything then using individual shots is kinda stupid, but if you adjust how many pumps vs. how much capacity, this could be useful. Not bad, not bad at all. I once thought up the same idea, but then trashed it because, well, I already built my homemade. I'm going to make another smaller one though, and I might use this idea.

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Thu Jul 01, 2004 12:03 am

Of course that's a good idea. I had that idea a long time before, and so has Bluesmudge (me first of course). You can ask him if you don't believe me. I also though that the idea should be expanded to removeable PCs too, but that is getting a little complex. The main reason I didn't make it like that was because it would have been bulky and a little more expensive. Bluesmudge was making his homemade like that btw. I hope that it proves to be a useful way to get the most of air pressure. It would be surprising as well, imagine running out of water and your foe is looking straight at you, waiting, and then you turn on your reserve PC and get the best of them. Priceless. That's the real Secret Strike.

blaze

Post by blaze » Thu Jul 01, 2004 12:06 am

I still don't know whether to make my homemade like that, with 4 Xp 150 sized PCs, or as a very small PR gun.

USSA

Post by USSA » Thu Jul 01, 2004 2:56 pm

Doom u have got to be kidding me I was day dreaming about removable pcs earlier today.... I was thinking that that way you could have xp or cps pcs for different range/firing time capabilities ... great minds think alike it appears

( I was also thinking about making a "straight eight" style soaker :P That thing would be Hasbro HQ to wield but dominate if you had the time to pump

BlueSmudge

Post by BlueSmudge » Thu Jul 01, 2004 8:34 pm

Lots of people have thought of lots of things to do to this gun. Not many people have actually done any of it. I think you should do a V-8 instead of a straight 8. You could have 4-ways instead f T's that have Elbow's after them. IT would be half as big.
--------------------------------------------------------------
BlueSoak.net
--------------------------------------------------------------

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Fri Jul 02, 2004 4:49 pm

I've thought of that, but there is a reason I didn't do it. It's because that would create much more turbulance than a straight design. It has too many bends. I also doubt why anyone would need more than 3 chambers, if you really need that much water you could just make one large chamber and forget all the complex parts.