Hello!

General water gun discussion.
Kano

Hello!

Post by Kano » Thu Aug 14, 2008 11:19 pm

I have been quietly observing these forums, and others, since about 2004. I have finally decided to join, as I am hoping to buy one of the guns listed for sale. I may make some other posts, as well.

Hopefully I will contribue to the community, as I have been enjoying your posts off-and-on for four years now.

I'm not sure if Duxburian remembers, but I actually sent him a message on a game called "NationStates." Although I still had little desire to join the forums, I wanted to speak with someone about water warfare...and it worked! I was delighted to find a response. Although I doubt you will remember me, Duxburian, my username was "Eragon Fanatic."

For those interested in Tolkien's Middle Earth, "Kano" means "Commander" in elvish.

-Kano

DX

Re: Hello!

Post by DX » Fri Aug 15, 2008 12:36 am

Mára aurë, manen nalyë?

Welcome! While we've seen better days, 2008 has been a pretty good year for posting. I kinda remember that conversation. NS2 is launching somewhat soon, you should check that out. I don't really play NS1 anymore, got kinda burnt out with it.
Mess With the Best, Get Soaked Like the Rest!

2004 Red Sox - World Series Champions
2007 Red Sox - World Series Champions!

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Fri Aug 15, 2008 2:25 am

Welcome to SSC! We must have kept you interested if you've lurked since 2004.

Yeah, right now is a good time to buy water guns thanks to cobralex's sale. Big sales like that don't happen too often so it's best to get them while you can.

We've had probably our best year so far this year. Posting has been up, but a little inconsistent. There haven't been any major issues at the forum yet. I'm very happy with the small crowd we've attracted and I'm looking forward to the future. I hope you stick around to be part of that future. ;)

I've probably said this 100 times before but if you have any questions or comments about the forums or website don't hesitate to send me a PM or email.

Silence

Post by Silence » Fri Aug 15, 2008 4:11 am

Welcome aboard! Now I'm feeling new again. :)

Mmm...I never really got into NationStates. Every day was a new twist on the basic policy debates that you've already decided on a gazillion times. It was pretty boring for me, partly because I never had the time to really get involved in an alliance. I was under the impression that NationStates was losing momentum (to say the least), but it's good to hear there's a new one coming out. It seems like a good chance for new people to start nations in the first wave and get some power.

Speaking of which, that was another problem with the simulation. Every nation grew at the same rate and you couldn't do anything to affect that, or at least not much. But I never bothered with the League thing since I had heard it was rather boring, too.

cantab

Post by cantab » Fri Aug 15, 2008 8:20 am

I remember NationStates. I think I gave up when I was seeing the same issues coming round again.
There's a version on Facebook now which I'm playing though. Again, if issues start repeating I'll probably quit.
I work on Windows. My toolbox is Linux.
Arsenal:
Super Soaker: XP215, 2xXP220, Liquidator, Aquashock Secret Strike M(odded), Arctic Blast M, CPS1200, CPS2100, SC Power Pak, 3l aquapack, 1.5l aquapack
Water Warriors: Jet, Sting Ray M, Shark, Argon M, Tiger Shark, PulseMaster
Others: Waterbolt, The Blaster, Storm 500, Shield Blaster 2000, generic PR gun, generic backpack piston pumper (broken), 3l garden sprayer M, 10l water carrier: