The 2004 Super Soakers

General water gun discussion.
onlydecoppi1991

Post by onlydecoppi1991 » Mon Jun 21, 2004 2:15 am

Exactly my point. People are complaining about them and not stating why.

Can someone tell me what is wrong with them.
thanks in advance.
"If war is what your looking for, I know where you can find it... ya go to the corner of May St. and go inside Wars R Us."
-me

"A country cannot simultaneously prepare and prevent war."
-Albert Einstein

"What difference does it make to the dead, the orphans, and the homeless, whether the mad destruction is wrought under the name of totalitarianism or the holy name of liberty and democracy?" -Gandhi

Armory= Blazer, Vaporizer, 2003

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Mon Jun 21, 2004 3:03 pm

First, this shouldn't go in Tech, it has nothing to do with technical stuff at all. Topic moved.

Here's a question, what does your entier arsenal consist of? Do you even have any guns from years other than 2004? People tend to not give a reason because it has been all said before, it's obvious at this point.

I'll tell you why people don't like them, it's because they are in no way what Super Soakers were say, even back in 1994. Ten years ago. Compare this years line to that of the XP 150, the XP 250 and the XP 300. You can't compare those to this year at all. First, the XP 150 is smaller than the Triple Aggressor, sadly this years best, and the XP 150's pressure chambers are more than twice as large. The XP 150 also takes 7 pumps, while the Triple Aggressor takes 5. You may say that is because the Triple Aggressor is better, but since the XP 150's PC is twice as large, 5 pumps on the XP 150 contain much more water than 5 pumps of the Triple Aggressor.

1994 also had soakers such the XP 250, a highly powerful gun. Much more powerful than anything of this year. And then there was the XP 300, a highly sought after collectors gun because it is the most powerful air pressure gun there is, and even has a backpack. I would be proud to have one, but sadly I don't.

Other than performance that this year lacks, is useability. Do any of this year's guns have straps to aid in carrying them? No. Do any of this year's guns have nozzle selectors to make the gun more versatile? No. Do any of this year's guns have nozzles larger than 2x? No. Do any of this year's guns have ranges of over 40 feet? No. Are any of this year's guns CPS based? No. Do any of this year's guns have backpacks? No. Are this year's guns priced fairly compared to other years? No.

I could list more, but there is so much I could fill a book with it. That is why no one likes the 2004 soakers.

However, I will say that modding these guns is pretty fun. However they really don't get much improvement, other than in guns like the Hydroblade and the Liquidator where the 3 liter mod will more than double shot time. Also, the Triple Aggressor has been called unmoddable because of it's weird PC shape. Unlike years ago, like in 1998, when every CPS gun had power mods to do to it.

RacerSoaker445

Post by RacerSoaker445 » Mon Jun 21, 2004 3:33 pm

I agree, but the 2004 soakers do serve a perpose...

The 2004 soakers are the worst line yet, next to the EES, but as we saw, they are aiming for young kids with this year and last year's line. But Hasbro is making more money from this year, because younger kids are buying them, and money matters to them. Also, notice the age range on the new guns, my Cps 3200 came with the label "For ages 9 and up" while my neighbor's Liquidator says "For ages 5 and up".

My friends (except my team) now have the image that the 2004 guns are the best, Connor wants to buy a 3A, while I want to buy a CPS 2500 or a MXL. Big diff' there.

The point doesn't stop there, the new image of Water wars are a bunch of kids standing in a big cluster soaking each other, whileist our own Water war image is tactics and teams, not just soak-o-rama, sometimes we even come out dry(er), like the last match I had, 2 on 2, Me and my teamate VS Connor and another teamate, I actually had DRY SPOTS and Connor was totally soaked. No tactics were used on they're team.

Jeez, this was a long write, but it was fun!

Team Neo-Soaker©
I don't check this forum anymore.

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Mon Jun 21, 2004 3:42 pm

Yep, there definately has been an image change. Just the fac that there are these new "SoakerTags" changes stuff. I still will continue to play front and back soaked equals kill, because even toilet paper will disolve in water. However, the SoakerTag guns seem perfect for their purpose, they need a high pressure stream to disolve the targets. Smaller streams can easily get higher pressure, so that may be why the power isn't too good.

Sky_T_219

Post by Sky_T_219 » Wed Jun 23, 2004 4:43 am

I really Don't mind the 2004 line. They aren't nearly as good as guns of the past, but they still can compete (well most of them anyway). My 3A at times is more useful than my CPS 10k. the 3A shoots a lot longer at a good range compared to my CPS 10k which shoots for about 3-4 secs if powered up to max. So when facing multiple opponents I choose 3A but when facing 1-2 opponents, my CPS 10k gives me a huge range advantage over my opponents.
I use my vaporizer as a secondary weapon, due to its smaller size and weight compared to another CPS 1000. And the price diff is HUGE! :D

My point is that the 2004 line has its own advantages compared to other guns, but the older models have more advantages than the new ones, meaning they are better. I'd still choose my CPS 10k over my 3A, but depending on my opponents number and weapondary, I may switch my primary. (sometimes I even bring both along...)
<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'><u>My Arsenal:</u>
<span style='color:green'>1x CPS 10000 (K-modded)
1x Triple Aggresor
1x Vaporizer
1x Max-D 2000
1x XP 70
<span style='color :o range'>~More to come~

King Soaker

Post by King Soaker » Thu Jun 24, 2004 3:39 am

DoomSoaker sums it up pretty well, but the bottom line is that the Super Soaker line has been "dumbed down" like many great toys of the past. The 5 year old argument doesn't hold much weight with me, because it's the older guys who have more buying power. I think it's a liability thing, and society is moving farther and farther from personal responsibility. I mean you can sue if your coffee is too hot these days. In my book the 2004 line sucks, and I let Hasblo know it. Just for the record I have multiples of most of these, my arsenal consists of CPS 2000 MK-1, CPS 2500, Monster, Monster X, CPS 2700, CPS 1700, CPS 3200, CPS 1200, CPS 2100, XP 220, XP 310, XP 270, XP 215, XP 110, and a few dozen others I can't think of. These are great water guns, and will being going up in value thanks to the 2004 line. Again, I suggest EVERYONE write them, and complain. This can be turned around, but it will take a team effort. Sorry for ranting :angry:

Here is the reply I just received from Hasbro:

Thank you for contacting us. We appreciate your taking the time to share your opinions with us on the 2004 Super Soaker line.

Consumer satisfaction is very important to us. We will share your comments with our management team so that they are also aware of your views.

We want to assure you that we are dedicated to maintaining quality products and service. We hope you and your family will continue to enjoy our products for many years to come.

Again, thank you for contacting us, and for your comments.
<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>The "S" stands for SUPER Soaker!

King Soaker

Post by King Soaker » Thu Jun 24, 2004 3:44 am

Oh, and to comment on the original post, the 2004 line looks like a bunch of toys from the circus. As for the NAME they are no longer SUPER Soakers. Where is the 5x, 10x, and 20x soakage? Instead you get squirt guns that look like they would keep a baby entertained in a playpen. :Hey, that's funny.:
<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>The "S" stands for SUPER Soaker!

Sky_T_219

Post by Sky_T_219 » Thu Jun 24, 2004 4:29 am

Hey, that's funny. they were thanking you for telling them that their 2004 line sucks, Hey, that's funny.!
1x Triple Aggresor
1x Vaporizer
1x Max-D 2000
1x XP 70

pyro

Post by pyro » Thu Jun 24, 2004 10:34 pm

this is what they told me....

Thank you for contacting us. We appreciate your taking the time to share your opinions with us.

Consumer satisfaction is very important to us. We will share your comments with our management team so that they are also aware of your views.

We want to assure you that we are dedicated to maintaining quality products and service. We hope you and your family will continue to enjoy our products for many years to come.

Again, thank you for contacting us, and for your comments.

look farmiliar?

trekkie00

Post by trekkie00 » Sun Jun 27, 2004 1:15 pm

Personally, I think that the problem with the 2004 line of Super Soakers is that they try to add too many gimmicks. Nearly every other Super Soaker that had gimmicks has been disliked . For example: the MDS, XP Backfire, and CPS 1-3-5. Now, Hasbro is producing the Helix, Triple Aggressor, and Hydroblade. Each of these have near-useless features (although the Triple Aggressor might be on the right track). If Hasbro just started reproducing the XP line, I'd be happy.
Rereading these forums make me feel old >.<

Sky_T_219

Post by Sky_T_219 » Sun Jun 27, 2004 2:34 pm

I bet they'll make some CPS and XP and some of these 2004 line type guns in the next line. Thats my prediction. Or they will just do CPS/XP next year and 2004 type year after that, in a pattern, for some time...
1x Triple Aggresor
1x Vaporizer
1x Max-D 2000
1x XP 70

trekkie00

Post by trekkie00 » Mon Jun 28, 2004 5:41 pm

After I thought about it for a while, I realized something- NONE of the new 2004 SS have adjustable nozzles. Also, they only have one size: 1x (maybe less). I highly doubt they can SOAK at all. Maybe annoy... or dribble.
Rereading these forums make me feel old >.<

NiborDude

Post by NiborDude » Mon Jun 28, 2004 8:08 pm

I'm not going to even call those things super soakers anymore. From now on they're those pieces of XPBackfire-esque that Hasbro made. I think enough has been said about Hasbro and their "pieces of XPBackfire-esque" and now its time for people to start emailing them, telling them to create better soakers. Or recreate some of their older soakers.

Edit: I wrote people instead of people

<span style='color:EEF2F7'>Blinding ignorance does mislead us. O! Wretched mortals, open your eyes! -Leonardo Da Vinci

DX

Post by DX » Mon Jun 28, 2004 11:55 pm

I really Don't mind the 2004 line. They aren't nearly as good as guns of the past, but they still can compete (well most of them anyway).
Really? In a recent "soakfest" my neighbor's friend was using a Piranha and it could not compete with my 2500. I got a few drops of water on my shirt, while I hit him on almost all of my shots including one point-blank with 20x. We all towards the end soaked him at the same time with a combined power of 38x! So far all the 2004 line that ive seen in action has been no competition. I would NEVER buy a soaker-tag gun. They just simply can't keep up with 5, 10, and 20x soakage.
Mess With the Best, Get Soaked Like the Rest!

2004 Red Sox - World Series Champions
2007 Red Sox - World Series Champions!

Ajenka

Post by Ajenka » Wed Jun 30, 2004 6:33 pm

The 2004 models are all made for their purpose which isn't just soaking people but blasting the targets off the Liquidator is probably the most adept at this job since it's small lightweight and has decent range of 12 meters which is big enough(I Don't use feet sorry) and is very useful to block your life taag with if you attach a shield onto it (I used a frisbee) and can block water balloons decently enough and the frisbee doesn't really affect mobility at all and the gun is still simple to conceal so If you had to have one gun of the 2004 I suggest the liquidator as a back up weapon and a sniper can use it since if you pressurize the gun and someone gets close to you you can aim the cap at them(the quick fill cap) and press down on it and it will shoot out around half your water and its actually very surprising and has decent range and can and I mean CAN completely soak someone if the person has mastered this technique and if you want to scare them somemore you can yell out KAMIKAZE oh well I'm new that's my opinion don't care if you flame me I saying a useful hint if u ever buy this gun