Nerf fight video

All topics, except for ones related to water fights. Posts made here do not count towards your post count.
Spinner

Nerf fight video

Post by Spinner » Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:04 am

Saw this last night; I'd say it's one of the best videos I've seen online. It's scripted, of course, but still really fun to watch:

The Great Office War

:D
ISS: Soaker Sagas

Submit your saga and see it up with other titans of water warfare.

Specter

Re: Nerf fight video

Post by Specter » Thu Aug 07, 2008 5:04 pm

Yeah, Ben, or Silence posted this a month or 2 ago when it first popped up. Its funny. And it was the first place the Vulcan was seen (supposededly)
The vulcan is supposed to come out sometime this month i think, If i remember what my friend told me correctly
My "arsenal": Customizable APH, Storm 600 pistol (still haven't finished fixing this), launcher- Model:AB1.0(Decommissioned), AB1.5, soon AB 1.1(2"rebuild) maybe ill get something else in the future
My site Image My website/forum is back up and running, for the most part after it having been deleted in october

Silence

Post by Silence » Thu Aug 07, 2008 5:55 pm

Yep, Ben posted it earlier. But it's definitely fun and well-made (well-funded, too), so I might just watch it again. :cool:

C-A_99

Post by C-A_99 » Thu Aug 07, 2008 7:54 pm

Aww, great video. Pity that you missed it when it was posted but better late than never.

Spinner

Post by Spinner » Thu Aug 07, 2008 9:14 pm

Ha, my mistake.

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Thu Aug 07, 2008 11:29 pm

Yep, we've seen this already. It's a shame Hasbro doesn't give their Super Soaker brand the same treatment, though, I suppose you can't use them in an office setting much.

The Nerf Vulcan is already out from what I know. If I remember correctly it was supposed to start appearing in August but some retailers on the west coast of the US put it out earlier. Overall the gun was as I expected--low powered, but still pretty nice. It's a shame they didn't make it even as powerful as their other automatic out right now, the Magstrike, but it does what it's supposed to.

cantab

Post by cantab » Fri Aug 08, 2008 4:39 pm

Ben wrote:I suppose you can't use them in an office setting much.
I dunno...I've heard that desktop computers will usually survive a direct hit by a CPS 2000. But I'm not about to test that proposition out!
I work on Windows. My toolbox is Linux.
Arsenal:
Super Soaker: XP215, 2xXP220, Liquidator, Aquashock Secret Strike M(odded), Arctic Blast M, CPS1200, CPS2100, SC Power Pak, 3l aquapack, 1.5l aquapack
Water Warriors: Jet, Sting Ray M, Shark, Argon M, Tiger Shark, PulseMaster
Others: Waterbolt, The Blaster, Storm 500, Shield Blaster 2000, generic PR gun, generic backpack piston pumper (broken), 3l garden sprayer M, 10l water carrier:

Specter

Post by Specter » Fri Aug 08, 2008 4:46 pm

cantab wrote:I dunno...I've heard that desktop computers will usually survive a direct hit by a CPS 2000. But I'm not about to test that proposition out!
I wouldn't be surprised because the PC(personal computer not pressure chamber) case is usually under the desk, and the monitor, keyboard, and mouse are on the desk. Keyboards and mice are cheap and if they get wet can be left to dry out, or if need be buy a new one. Monitors aren't as cheap but will still work if left to dry out.
My "arsenal": Customizable APH, Storm 600 pistol (still haven't finished fixing this), launcher- Model:AB1.0(Decommissioned), AB1.5, soon AB 1.1(2"rebuild) maybe ill get something else in the future
My site Image My website/forum is back up and running, for the most part after it having been deleted in october

Spinner

Post by Spinner » Fri Aug 08, 2008 5:38 pm

Specter wrote:Monitors aren't as cheap but will still work if left to dry out.
Can't say that water + high voltage electrical appliances = safe.

Specter

Post by Specter » Fri Aug 08, 2008 5:59 pm

Can't say that water + high voltage electrical appliances = safe.
lol can't argue with that.

Silence

Post by Silence » Sat Aug 09, 2008 12:42 am

If the appliances are off, there's no problem, although you still have to wait for everything to dry before running electric current through them. People have even recommended dishwashing keyboards.

But it's hard to imagine that everything is off in a room full of cubicles. I suppose you could cut the circuit breaker, but then the lights would probably go, too. :p

Specter

Post by Specter » Sat Aug 09, 2008 2:52 am

but then the lights would probably go, too. :p
Thats the fun part!!! :D :p

cantab

Post by cantab » Sat Aug 09, 2008 9:52 am

Still, it's probably better than using such a gun in a LIBRARY, which I heard happened once. The person responsible got in some deep shit for that.
I work on Windows. My toolbox is Linux.
Arsenal:
Super Soaker: XP215, 2xXP220, Liquidator, Aquashock Secret Strike M(odded), Arctic Blast M, CPS1200, CPS2100, SC Power Pak, 3l aquapack, 1.5l aquapack
Water Warriors: Jet, Sting Ray M, Shark, Argon M, Tiger Shark, PulseMaster
Others: Waterbolt, The Blaster, Storm 500, Shield Blaster 2000, generic PR gun, generic backpack piston pumper (broken), 3l garden sprayer M, 10l water carrier: