Official Gundam Thread

All topics, except for ones related to water fights. Posts made here do not count towards your post count.
Jadefalcon09

Post by Jadefalcon09 » Wed Oct 27, 2004 1:21 am

Gundam

In the 80's Gundam was a huge hit. Even till today, I still consider it one of the best Anime series of all time. The stories really vary, and there is no set time for the Extended Series, which contains:

- G Gundam
- Gundam Wing
- SD Gundam (Don't see this one)
- Gundam Seed
- Gundam Seed Destiny

Among all the Gundam series, the Extended ones are my favorites. While they don't have more military-like aspects to them, I like them for teaching good, moral values, with some good action thrown in there. Some people go to say that these should have ever been created, but I love them. As for the others, there are too many to list pertaining to the original story. Naturally a lot of critics will say Gundam is all for the merchandise, and it isn't. All of the Gundam Series (Minus SD, it blowed) teach a moral value, and most have a very deep storyline with characters you can relate to.

I may be a novice, But I am also into building Gundam Models. The highest I have ever gone was a 1/100th scale, and I think it was a type of Elite Zaku from Gundam 0083, or was a HG (High Grade) Wing Gundam from Gundam Wing, also 1/100th. I have assembled many 1/144th scale ones though, 2 I have already built, the Shining and Spegal Gundam (Shadow Gundam in English) both from G Gundam. There not the best looking models out there, but I like the job I did on the Spegal Gundam.

This topic (hopefully it gets pinned) is for any Constructive Gundam Discussion, for those who like the series, or for those who are interested in finding out more. Please ask questions, post pictures of models, links, etc, anything that contributes.

Crashdummy

Post by Crashdummy » Wed Oct 27, 2004 1:39 am

I loved the gundam wing series. I can't remember a lot about it though, I was in elementary school when would run home to catch the 3:00 gindam wing series. Man, I wish I had models of the gundam robots.

Jadefalcon09

Post by Jadefalcon09 » Wed Oct 27, 2004 1:42 am

Originally posted by Crashdummy@Oct 26 2004, 09:39 PM
I loved the gundam wing series. I can't remember a lot about it though, I was in elementary school when would run home to catch the 3:00 gindam wing series. Man, I wish I had models of the gundam robots.
Im trying to get that for DVD for Christmas. Seach Amazon.com, you can get it for 40 bucks I think. I got the G Gundam Series off Ebay, and I must say it was BRILLIANT, when I thought it would bite the dust. I got the Gundam Sequel, "Endless Waltz" on special edition DVD for 30 bucks, I bought it instantly and loved it. yeah Gundam Wing is a great series, but after seeing G Gundam, I have to say I liked G Gundam by a short lead.

edit- I have the DVDs. If any of you want to see a few pictures from it I can take a few and post them. ^_^

Crashdummy

Post by Crashdummy » Wed Oct 27, 2004 2:15 am

Man, I forgot about endless waltz. That was THE best anime ever!

Jadefalcon09

Post by Jadefalcon09 » Wed Oct 27, 2004 2:19 am

Originally posted by Crashdummy@Oct 26 2004, 10:15 PM
Man, I forgot about endless waltz. That was THE best anime ever!
Im not sure about the best, but yeah it was pretty good. It was the 3 episode Sequel to Gundam Wing (A.C. 196) When Mari-Maya tried to break away her colony from the Federation and caused Chaos. Here is a cool Pic from that:

Wing Zero Custom
( I know Hitesa has a model of this one)

ChaosKnight

Post by ChaosKnight » Wed Oct 27, 2004 4:33 am

HUGE FAN OF GUNDAM.

its not gundam seed 2, its gundam seed destiny. pm me and I will give you links to the torrents for fansubs (not english voices, but subtitled which is better IMO because dubbing is always off and they change the script). so far those two eps are pretty good.

anyway onto the LIST:

games:
journey to jaburo
zeonic front
federation vs. zeon
battle assault
battle assault 2
endless duel

Models:
sooooo many, as examples, zaku II, gundam (g), tallgeese III, guncannon.

Anime & manga:
gundam: blue destiny
all of gundam: last outpost
all of the episodes (that are out so far) of gundam seed destiny
char's counterattack- so sad =(
008th MS team
some of z gundam

GOD I HATE GUNDAM WING. ENDLESS WALTZ IS NOT THE BEST ANIME EVER! IT ISNT EVEN AN ANIME JUST AN OVA! AND THAT "ORIGINAL" OPERATION METEOR IS NOT ORIGINAL. CHAR TRIED TO LAUNCH A COLONY INTO EARTH FIRST. AMURO STOPPED IT though.

I loved it when the series was realistic. when gundams werent made from almost indestructible gundanium, but made from steel and titanium. it was the pilot's skill that mattered, the ms would only allow him to reach his limits. a zaku still had a good chance of taking a gundam. I watched gundam and I loved its realism, until GUNDAM WING. I don't watch it to see gundams fly around like butterflies. I did like G gundam a little more. and gundam seed returned somewhat to realism and had good action and ok storyline. and why do they ALWAYS have to have a guy with a mask, is it like digimon with the goggles? and its always grand theft gundam. they should guard a gundam with a gundam, not protect it with soldiers.

just saw first post, MORALS? VALUES? STORYLINE? watch the older series for that (0079, 0080, 0083) not the newer ones.

whew. done.

if you read all of this, I give you pocky. ^^v

gundam physalis aka gp-02
armed with atomic bazooka =)

SIEG ZEON!
http://xs7.xs.to/pics/04512/sig2.jpg
-whoamg, I can't put ANY anime girl in my sig without doom deleting it. =\

Jadefalcon09

Post by Jadefalcon09 » Wed Oct 27, 2004 10:50 am

Thats why I couldn't give much opinion on the older ones, I havn't seen much of them, but I know all of Gundam will teach you something, whether it be love, meaning of war, tactics, politics, etc. I did enjoy the older ones, but Im more familiar with the extended series. ^_^

Monsoon

Post by Monsoon » Wed Oct 27, 2004 11:55 am

I used to be into Gundam Wing. I think it was the best storyline of them all. My favourite gundam was Deathscythe.
Do not underestimate the power of stupidity in large groups

RacerSoaker445

Post by RacerSoaker445 » Wed Oct 27, 2004 2:01 pm

Sorry guys, but the only anime I like(if you call it an anime) is Initial D.
I don't check this forum anymore.

BlueSmudge

Post by BlueSmudge » Wed Oct 27, 2004 8:21 pm

Ive seen a lot of Gundam Wing, and a few older episodes.
I liked the first episodes of Gundam Wing the best. Then it took a turn for the worst. Epsecially by the end when Wing Zero Custom was basically un-beatable.
My favorite gundam will always be Heavy Arms Custom, but I prefered the actioned scenes in which Heavy Arms was displayed. Especially the fight against the tallgeese. Or was it tallgeese 2? I can't remember, its been too many years.

I Have 2 1/100 scale models (one fell apart after a fatal fall :( ) But H-Arm Custom Lives on. I also have a few smaller ones. I havnt really been too into Gundams for a few years now.
--------------------------------------------------------------
BlueSoak.net
--------------------------------------------------------------

ChaosKnight

Post by ChaosKnight » Wed Oct 27, 2004 11:47 pm

initial d? thats just a really long game commerical >_>
http://xs.to/pics/04104/traindrift.png
http://xs.to/pics/04104/trikedrift.gif
^ people who play too much initial d. =p

SKG Edit: Your pics were too big, so I just made them links instead. Please resize large pictures before posting them.

Jadefalcon09

Post by Jadefalcon09 » Sat Oct 30, 2004 1:37 am

Clearly the images in the first post of this Thread did not interfere with Forum Guidelines, or the rules of the off-topic forum. I am reinstating them for better viewing pleasure. If you have questions please ask Doom, I sent him a mail requesting that the images say, what harm have they done to you? :huh:

superstormer

Post by superstormer » Sat Oct 30, 2004 1:49 am

I've always like Transformers more. :P
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Socrates)</div><div class='quotemain'>I drank what?!</div>

ChaosKnight

Post by ChaosKnight » Sat Oct 30, 2004 3:18 am

I love the generation 1 transformers and I sort of like beast wars. I didn't really like anything after that. it catered too much to 7 year olds. I have transformers the movie and a poster of it in my room. the movie was sooo sad. too many transformers died =(. I still cry whenever I watch it.

Forceuser

Post by Forceuser » Sat Oct 30, 2004 10:02 am

I like Transformers. It wasn't really as big over here but I have a huge collection of well over a hundred (although they are loose and most are missing bits). I only really like generation 1, the new ones just don't compare. Plus they have some of the longest instructions I've ever seen! My best transformer is probably my G1 Scorponok. I was really lucky to be able to pick up this massive box of about 40-50 G1 Transformers for only £5, worth about £250!
Hey, images in sigs work again! Woo!