SuperCPS LRT Question

Build a homemade water gun or water balloon launcher and tell us about it.
affrothunder

SuperCPS LRT Question

Post by affrothunder » Sun May 31, 2009 7:58 pm

Hey I'm new to this stuff and I was wondering what the 1 inch ID LRT for the SuperCPS was used for? I understand what the smaller LRT is for, but I don't see any pictures of the larger LRT being used and the instructions don't seem to mention using the larger one, although it is listed in the materials list.

Thanks

cantab

Re: SuperCPS LRT Question

Post by cantab » Sun May 31, 2009 7:59 pm

It's layered over the smaller one, making the overall wall thickness of the chamber greater, and thus substantially increasing the operating pressure of the gun, boosting power.
I work on Windows. My toolbox is Linux.
Arsenal:
Super Soaker: XP215, 2xXP220, Liquidator, Aquashock Secret Strike M(odded), Arctic Blast M, CPS1200, CPS2100, SC Power Pak, 3l aquapack, 1.5l aquapack
Water Warriors: Jet, Sting Ray M, Shark, Argon M, Tiger Shark, PulseMaster
Others: Waterbolt, The Blaster, Storm 500, Shield Blaster 2000, generic PR gun, generic backpack piston pumper (broken), 3l garden sprayer M, 10l water carrier:

affrothunder

Post by affrothunder » Sun May 31, 2009 9:49 pm

So the tubing clamps go over both the smaller and the larger LRT tubes then, right? Also, since pressure is going to build up do we need to cement the caps onto the 4 inch PVC pipe or do we just stick them on since its recommended to change the LRT tubes regularly?

Thanks for your prompt response.

Silence

Post by Silence » Mon Jun 01, 2009 3:16 am

Welcome aboard, affrothunder!

Tubing clamps on the just the inner tubing are probably all that's necessary. Although I think somebody once mentioned clamping the outer tubing, too.

No cement for the case. All the pressure comes from (or should come from) the rubber. :cool: