A new mod I thought of

Threads about water gun modifications.
Soaker Leader

A new mod I thought of

Post by Soaker Leader » Mon Sep 27, 2004 6:17 pm

I was thinking, Would this work if you k moded your water gun, or not and didn't put the pc back around the balloons, but if you replaced it with something bigger for a pc. You would stick the check valve in and put epoxy around it to keep from leaks, and with a kmod you could put more balloons on and have more capacity of water and pressure to get it to shoot farther. Also what if you kmoded it and put a lot of balloons on and put something to protectd the balloons from getting ripped or something, but this is just a suggestion so you guys talk about it.

Spinner

Post by Spinner » Mon Sep 27, 2004 6:39 pm

Please try and make your ideas a little clearer. We appreciate good ideas, but when they are nearly incomprehensible you must excuse if if we become a little...short.

I think you might be mentioning an idea or two in the Mission for a better K-mod topic. Read that and see what you think.

In short, explain it more clearly. And if you don't...need I mention R/O? <_<
ISS: Soaker Sagas

Submit your saga and see it up with other titans of water warfare.

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Mon Sep 27, 2004 7:05 pm

Originally posted by Soaker Leader@Sep 27 2004, 01:17 PM
I was thinking, Would this work if you k moded your water gun or not and didn't put the pc back around the balloons but if you replaced it with something bigger for a pc. You would stick the check valve in and put epoxy around it to keep from leaks, and with a kmod you could put more balloons on and have more capacity of water and pressure to get it to shoot farther. Also what if you kmoded it and put a lot of balloons on and put something to protectd the balloons from getting ripped or something, but this is just a suggestion so you guys talk about it.
I don't know how many times I can tell you this... write better. What I read does sound like my mission idea, some of it already was done by King Soaker. I am not very sure however, please rewrite your post.

Daedalus

Post by Daedalus » Tue Oct 05, 2004 8:15 am

I get it. He basically is saying, what if you K-Mod a soaker then when you reassemble the gun leave the outercasing of the PC off so that the pressurized bladder is exposed, thus allowing it to expand as much as it wants.

Not a bad Idea but a few problems. An exposed bladder would probably deteriorate in sunlight and would be easily damaged (especially the balloons). If you closed the check valve then YES you could get a lot of pressure into the chamber and it would be free to expand. The problem being that 1) The Trigger valve can only hold a certain amount of pressure, too much and either the valve itself will shatter or the trigger mechanism will jam/break.

The real problem is that the PC shell is critical to holding the bladder in it's socket. When you remove the bladder you'll see that its only held in by an O-ring (mroe for sealing than anything else). Its the spots where the outer shell of the PC fits into the body of the soaker that prevents it from shooting out like a bottle rocket.

So if you did do this you'd have to somehow clamp the bladder onto/into the trigger assembly. Maybe even a couple of well placed bolts would do it (obviously not obstructing the water passageway)

BTW: Doom is right this belongs in the "Mission" thread.

Jadefalcon09

Post by Jadefalcon09 » Tue Oct 05, 2004 9:26 pm

It is a good idea, but technically I do not know how far it would work, and to what extent. However I think that an enclosed Pressure Chamber is there to "hold the pressure in". If I were to run a test without the casing, I would expect it to be a hassle, and not shoot as far as intended.

Veteran

Post by Veteran » Tue Oct 05, 2004 10:50 pm

I think we have to clarify something:

MODED = altered or changed in reference to modes
MODDED= modified

BlueSmudge

Post by BlueSmudge » Wed Oct 06, 2004 1:54 am

We arn't stupid.

I think Drewsky did this. Although, I'm fairly sure he also streched the PC or something. he's on R/O right now, so ask him in a few months :P
--------------------------------------------------------------
BlueSoak.net
--------------------------------------------------------------

Soakologist

Post by Soakologist » Wed Oct 06, 2004 2:21 am

Still no response from Mr. Leader....
Whatever music you listen to probably sucks.

Soaker Leader

Post by Soaker Leader » Wed Oct 06, 2004 6:19 pm

I don't have any gun to test it on. I'm getting a cps 3200 and 2100 for christmas though. ;)

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Wed Oct 06, 2004 6:56 pm

There already is a mod to make a larger sleeve for a cylindrical gun. Sorry, it's already been done by XN on a MX.

Daedalus

Post by Daedalus » Thu Oct 07, 2004 7:15 am

I'm pretty sure if you increased the thickness of the CPS bladder you could remove the PC casing, I mean you'd have to pump the gun to capacity before it even touched the PC enclosure so it probably doesn't provide much of a benefit to power, more there as a protective measure. (Thats for the sphereical units). I think the Cylindrical ones acually do have a little pressure build up in them, but its behind the stopped (the round bit on the end of the bladder) so as to stop the endcap popping off the bladder when its pressurized, in the same way that the end popped off the pressure chamber of Doom's CPS Homemade. But I'm not 100% on that since I Don't have one to play with (yet).

Apparently one of my mates has a CPS2000 from when he was younger and he said I can have it if he can find the dang thing :) Sweeeeeet.

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Thu Oct 07, 2004 9:52 am

The stuff at the end only popped off from the power. The chamber was about 1/2" thick, compared to a normal one of 3/16" thick. I think that's a problem we'll encounter often in CPS homemades.

Anyway, cylindrical CPS PC's stop expanding vertically (short way), but keep going horizontally (long way). That's why you can replace the sleeve it is held in, it allows it to expand futher vertically.

Daedalus

Post by Daedalus » Thu Oct 07, 2004 11:54 pm

I think you can stop the popping off (and possibly add more power) if you put some sort of resistance behind the plug on the CPS bladder. This would help keep the plug in the end of the bladder, you could do their either by air pressure or a spring, you wouldnt want the resistance to be too great though because it could cause the bladder to rupture, just strong enough to help keep the bung pressed in.