Go Back   Super Soaker Central > Water guns > General
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Welcome to the SSC Forums! You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and more. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.
Important note: The SSC forums are now in archive mode. WaterWar.net is the new online discussion board for the water gun hobby.

Old 02-21-2005, 03:13 PM   #1
Wild Boys

UserID: 346

Just got my Triple Shot today. The nozzles on it look good. The fan blast nozzle is huge for a weapon this size. I am looking forward to testing it out. Unfortunately the weather is cold and it is going to snow all week. I will review it when the weather is better.

Update 26/02/05. This is my experience with the gun. When I pumped it no water went into the firing chamber and it was leaking all over the place. Obviously this was a big disappointment. I could get a replacement from the supplier but in my experience with Super Soakers if there is a fault with one then there is a good chance that there may be a similar fault in most of them. I could be wrong in this case but I don't want to take the chance.
Wild Boys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2005, 10:12 PM   #2
marauder_4
Community Leader

UserID: 295

Why don't you exchange it for another supersoaker then?
marauder_4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2005, 04:27 AM   #3
Spinner
Administrator

UserID: 77

Quote:
Originally posted by Wild Boys@Feb 21 2005, 08:13 PM
When I pumped it no water went into the firing chamber and it was leaking all over the place.
[right][snapback]22567[/snapback][/right]

I thought it was a PR gun and didn't have a firing chamber. :huh:

What's wrong with getting a replacement? What "chance" don't you want to take?

Submit your saga and see it up with other titans of water warfare.
Spinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2005, 05:42 AM   #4
Wild Boys

I don't want to take the chance because it is quite a journey to the store. On 3 previous occasions with other guns when this has happened the replacement was no better and we ended up getting a refund anyway.
Old 02-27-2005, 05:53 AM   #5
Commander_Gaunt

UserID: 219

Which store was it? (I'm interested because I live in England too)
Old 02-27-2005, 07:03 AM   #6
Wild Boys

It was a Toys'R'Us store in Sheffield. When I went there about 3 to 4 times they had quite a bit. Last time I went was late 2004. I got a CPS 2500 from there new for 45 (the only one that didn't break). There were a few SC Power Paks there new for 30. They could still have some of these left as there were quite a few. Also they had some Monster X's (2002 version). Once they had a SC 600. I don't know what they have in now as it has been a while since I went there but there could be something good.
Old 02-27-2005, 10:36 AM   #7
Spinner
Administrator

UserID: 77

Quote:
Originally posted by Wild Boys@Feb 27 2005, 12:03 PM
It was a Toys'R'Us store in Sheffield. When I went there about 3 to 4 times they had quite a bit. Last time I went was late 2004. I got a CPS 2500 from there new for 45 (the only one that didn't break). There were a few SC Power Paks there new for 30. They could still have some of these left as there were quite a few. Also they had some Monster X's (2002 version). Once they had a SC 600. I don't know what they have in now as it has been a while since I went there but there could be something good.
[right][snapback]22679[/snapback][/right]

CPS 2500 for 45? Oh well, I suppose that's what you have to expect to pay for good guns nowadays over here. And I seem to remember the MXs at TRU were 50.

Submit your saga and see it up with other titans of water warfare.
Spinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2005, 10:44 AM   #8
Wild Boys

At the TRU that I went to Monster X's were 50 there as well. I bought one of them but took it back because the little bit that slots on the nozzle selector of the 5x nozzle got chipped off when I was changing the nozzles. That time I would have bought another one but the ones that were on the shelves had all been battered and bruised. I remember seeing one that had its QFD missing.

Also, about the Triple Shot being a PR gun. It says on the bottom of the box to pump the gun 25-30 times and then blast out water. I pumped about that and nothing but just some drips of water came out.
Old 02-28-2005, 12:47 PM   #9
marauder_4
Community Leader

UserID: 295

Quote:
Originally posted by Wild Boys@Feb 27 2005, 10:44 AM
At the TRU that I went to Monster X's were 50 there as well. I bought one of them but took it back because the little bit that slots on the nozzle selector of the 5x nozzle got chipped off when I was changing the nozzles. That time I would have bought another one but the ones that were on the shelves had all been battered and bruised. I remember seeing one that had its QFD missing.

Also, about the Triple Shot being a PR gun. It says on the bottom of the box to pump the gun 25-30 times and then blast out water. I pumped about that and nothing but just some drips of water came out.
[right][snapback]22683[/snapback][/right]

You've had some pretty bad experiences with guns there. Monster X's aren't even $50 in the US, and 50 is more! I SOO wish I would have picked up a Monster X for the $10 I saw it for after Dominator War 2, they also had MXLs for $12. Instead I got a WWF gun for $6, which sadly was all the money I had at the time.
marauder_4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2005, 01:32 PM   #10
Wild Boys

Wow. Monster X's for $10 and Monster XL's for $12 what a bargain. If only they were that price over here.