Making a turret style thing

Threads about water gun modifications.
MyStic

Post by MyStic » Sun Nov 28, 2004 5:28 pm

I was thinking of making a mounted turret type thing that you could setup in front of a base as extra protection. What I was thinking of doing is to take a tall metal pole with a pointy tip and making a small piece of wood that fits snuggly but is still able to be pushed up and down on the pole if you press hard enough, Then I would drill a hole in the top and bottom of one of my guns, and make the hole the same size as the pole. Then I could just slip the gun over the top of the pole and set the height with the small piece of wood. Then all I would have to do is stick the pole on the ground wherever I want and slip the gun on.Do you think this would work, or do you have any better ideas?
<span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%'><span style='font-family:Geneva'>-MyStic

DoubleONothing

Post by DoubleONothing » Sun Nov 28, 2004 5:32 pm

If you Ask Me, I'd drill a hole lengthwise through thew gun and make a Unipod kind of thing. With a small block of wood with short poles on either end and a pole though the gun. I'll try to find a picture like it.

Crashdummy

Post by Crashdummy » Sun Nov 28, 2004 5:38 pm

I don't see much use in turrets, all they seem to do is make maneuvering harder. If you are already at your base just take something such as a piece of plywood and prop it up in front of your base. You get good cover and can move if you have to. Thats just my two cents.

DoubleONothing

Post by DoubleONothing » Sun Nov 28, 2004 5:46 pm

I'll have to do it the hard way.

SIDE VIEW
GunGunGunHoleThereGun Gun Gun Gun
GunGunGunGunHoleXGunGun Gun Gun gun
Gun Gun |pole| Gun gun Gun
|Pole|
|pole|
___________Platform_____________

FRONT VIEW

Gun
GUN GUN GUN GUN GUN
HOLE gun gun gun gun gun gun Hole
|Pole| gun gun gun gun gun gun |pole|
|pole| |pole|
|pole| |pole|
PLATFORM PLAT FORM PLAT FORM

So basically, the gun is mounted on the platform, but still mobile and can be set up and taken down easily. You could even go as far asa to make it practical by making a hose to a Souce of water, such as a tap or hose attatchment. or even a backpack. If you've seen some screen shots of Halo 2 or played it, the Guns they mount close to the ground in Cairo Station, I got my idea from that.

EDIT: What the? Okay, thge right poles moved. The one pole that stayed in position is where the other should be

Spinner

Post by Spinner » Sun Nov 28, 2004 6:04 pm

I'd say that a turret is only useful if you have powerful, heavy, hard to move guns like very large WBLs, or guns connected to the base's reservoir. Otherwise, it would be more useful to stay mobile.
ISS: Soaker Sagas

Submit your saga and see it up with other titans of water warfare.

Monsoon

Post by Monsoon » Sun Nov 28, 2004 10:19 pm

The Storm guns with the Unlimitor and the WBL that Sapper made are good ones.
Do not underestimate the power of stupidity in large groups

NiborDude

Post by NiborDude » Sun Nov 28, 2004 10:39 pm

I was thinking it would be easier to make a homemade for a turret. This is picture of how I would make one.

<span style='color:EEF2F7'>Blinding ignorance does mislead us. O! Wretched mortals, open your eyes! -Leonardo Da Vinci

Monsoon

Post by Monsoon » Sun Nov 28, 2004 11:51 pm

The turret should have long range capabilities. Also, it should self-pressurize or take little pumps. The dual-handle design is good though. The stream should be pretty thick.
Do not underestimate the power of stupidity in large groups

USSA

Post by USSA » Mon Nov 29, 2004 2:26 am

Ok use a premanufactured device don't ddrive yourself insane. If this thing is going to be mounted just take a power washer put it one a cheap tripod. Bada bing bada bang.

Neuro

Post by Neuro » Mon Nov 29, 2004 2:34 am

Hint: some of us enjoy designing homemades. A pressure washer would be too powerful and too loud. You could really hurt somebody with one of those.
"I used to care, but now I take a pill for that."

You can pretty much ignore the times on that, I rarely ever have Xfire on when I play. I should, though.

BlueSmudge

Post by BlueSmudge » Mon Nov 29, 2004 6:07 am

Or something like this...
A extremely large two person pump could allow for massive amounts of water to be transfered per pump. Something like 2 or 3" PVC made to work like an APH pump.
You could do CPS like I said in the link, or just air pressure.
--------------------------------------------------------------
BlueSoak.net
--------------------------------------------------------------