Go Back   Super Soaker Central > Water guns > Marketplace
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Welcome to the SSC Forums! You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and more. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.
Important note: The SSC forums are now in archive mode. WaterWar.net is the new online discussion board for the water gun hobby.

Old 08-16-2006, 07:38 PM   #1
z80

UserID: 834
Default Cps 2100

Hey guys, just registered because my friend just got a CPS 2100 (hence the title) for 2$ and wants to use it to mod a nerf gun (which I say is a waste of a nice gun) and I want him to sell it for money to buy more nerf guns. So can anyone give me a range of what this thing is worth?
z80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2006, 07:03 AM   #2
joannaardway
Do not adjust your TV set

UserID: 549

The CPS 2100 is definately not suitable for that purpose. It's a CPS watergun which are not any use for nerf guns/BB guns, not being based on air pressure.

The CPS 2100 is saleable for about $20-30 on ebay (or many members on here would be keen to get one), so I would suggest he sold it and bought some other stuff.

"So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by. Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky" - More than a feeling, Boston
joannaardway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2006, 11:48 AM   #3
Silence
Administrator

UserID: 576

Definitely a waste of money--and I'd say it could go for at least $40, but perhaps not now since it's the off-season. At least he got a great deal!
Old 08-17-2006, 09:24 PM   #4
z80

UserID: 834

Quote:
Originally Posted by joannaardway
The CPS 2100 is definately not suitable for that purpose. It's a CPS watergun which are not any use for nerf guns/BB guns, not being based on air pressure.

The CPS 2100 is saleable for about $20-30 on ebay (or many members on here would be keen to get one), so I would suggest he sold it and bought some other stuff.
Obviously you don't know how nerf guns work.... they almost all the time work on air pressure. But I i think I'm going to make him a cps-like bladder out of bicycle tubing.
z80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2006, 08:51 AM   #5
Silence
Administrator

UserID: 576

Nerf sniper rifles use larger pumps to pump air into a chamber--there's no need for a small pump or a large chamber as found in soakers. There's no point in using it for Nerf, as it will be both inefficient and/thus a waste of an excellent soaker.

A homemade Nerf gun is a better idea. I suppose a homemade water gun built for Nerfing would be okay if you're using a rubber bladder, but anything will work--ideally, a large pump and an air chamber, although the rubber would work. Ask Ben or the Drenchenator when they come back soon, and if there are to be permanent changes to the CPS 2100, then just wait.
Old 08-18-2006, 01:09 PM   #6
joannaardway
Do not adjust your TV set

UserID: 549

I believe that you misunderstood me. I have built enough pneumatic launchers to understand the principle of operation of nerf guns.

What I was saying was that the CPS 2100 isn't based on air pressure - using a rubber bladder means that there is no air pressure, until the bladder is constrained - in which case it would have been better to use the constraining chamber on it's own.

I've tested the theory. A CPS bladder will not allow as much range or power as a proper air cannon.

My twin is currently designing a pnuematic launcher that will fire 20mm steel ball-bearings over 1/4 of a mile, but there is no way that a CPS system could even hope to match half that.

"So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by. Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky" - More than a feeling, Boston
joannaardway is offline   Reply With Quote