Hydrowar Updated...one last time

General water gun discussion.
marauder_4

Post by marauder_4 » Wed Feb 23, 2005 7:49 pm

I know this topic seems like it should be in the online forum, but please don't delete it. In my final update I reviewed the Arctic Shock, which is why I wanted to post this in the general forum since I thought everyone would like to talk about it.
The main page isn't showing the update yet, it should later, but you can go ahead and check now at: 21st Century Water Warfare

Spinner

Post by Spinner » Wed Feb 23, 2005 8:30 pm

I read the review, it's good. Not sure whether I'll buy one though, still overpriced over here.

Shame to see Hydrowar finally close down. It's got great content. Still, I understand that other responsibilities claim your time now.
ISS: Soaker Sagas

Submit your saga and see it up with other titans of water warfare.

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Wed Feb 23, 2005 9:25 pm

Don't worry, we wouldn't delete anything worthwhile. :P

That link didn't work correctly for me, so others please visit Hydrowar through this link.

Nice review overall. The only problem I saw was that you said 3 meters when you probably meant 10 or more. Good to see some detailed statistics as well!

marauder_4

Post by marauder_4 » Wed Feb 23, 2005 9:28 pm

We just had some battling:
Blackhawk using a CPS 1200, Hellbringer using a CPS 1000, and me using my Arctic Shock. It was one hit kills everyone vs everyone. Here's the results:

Blackhawk: 1 kill, 3 losses
Hellbringer: 2 kills, 2 losses
Marauder: 3 kills, 1 loss

Of course, Blackhawk's 1200 was having problems with the trigger jamming, and the 1000 Hellbringer wasn't at his usual level 'cuz he usually kills everyone. Still, the Arctic Shock fared pretty well. The shot time doesn't seem as horrible as I initially felt it was, but low pump capacity is still killing me. I tried out the "ice core" thing, and it does in fact make the water very cold. I wouldn't buy the gun just because of that, but it does work well and people didn't like being hit by it.

marauder_4

Post by marauder_4 » Wed Feb 23, 2005 9:33 pm

I just fixed that (10 meters, not 3). Thanks for pointing it out Doom.

NiborDude

Post by NiborDude » Wed Feb 23, 2005 9:37 pm

Originally posted by marauder_4@Feb 23 2005, 04:28 PM
We just had some battling:
Blackhawk using a CPS 1200, Hellbringer using a CPS 1000, and me using my Arctic Shock.  It was one hit kills everyone vs everyone.  Here's the results:

Blackhawk: 1 kill, 3 losses
Hellbringer: 2 kills, 2 losses
Marauder:  3 kills, 1 loss

Of course, Blackhawk's 1200 was having problems with the trigger jamming, and the 1000 Hellbringer wasn't at his usual level 'cuz he usually kills everyone.  Still, the Arctic Shock fared pretty well.  The shot time doesn't seem as horrible as I initially felt it was, but low pump capacity is still killing me.  I tried out the "ice core" thing, and it does in fact make the water very cold.  I wouldn't buy the gun just because of that, but it does work well and people didn't like being hit by it.
[snapback]22608[/snapback]

Interesting. I would of figured the ice chamber to be useless. How exactly does it work? I'm planning on buying the Flash Flood, but from your comments I might pick up the Arctic Shock as well.

<span style='color:EEF2F7'>Blinding ignorance does mislead us. O! Wretched mortals, open your eyes! -Leonardo Da Vinci

marauder_4

Post by marauder_4 » Wed Feb 23, 2005 9:48 pm

Originally posted by nibordude@Feb 23 2005, 04:37 PM
Interesting. I would of figured the ice chamber to be useless. How exactly does it work? I'm planning on buying the Flash Flood, but from your comments I might pick up the Arctic Shock as well.
[snapback]22611[/snapback]

I haven't used the Flash Flood yet, it might be better. The Arctic Shock is pretty good, but it's not going to blow you away or anything.