Rule set draft

Suggestions, comments, questions, and developments related to the Super Soaker Central site and forums.
SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Sat Nov 13, 2004 5:38 pm

http://forums.sscentral.net/index.php?act=boardrules

Our old Board Guidelines were lost in the forum upgrade. I have made a draft of the new rule set this morning. Please post if you think anything is missing or a rule is unfair. B)

Soakologist

Post by Soakologist » Sat Nov 13, 2004 9:15 pm

All take note! The new sig limits are 600x100!
That means you now have an extra 50 pixels to the right and left each to put your sig on!
Whatever music you listen to probably sucks.

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Sat Nov 13, 2004 9:26 pm

Yes, I changed it after suggestion from SuperStormer. Hopefully that will still allow users on very small resolutions to view the forums correctly.

Forceuser

Post by Forceuser » Thu Dec 16, 2004 8:51 pm

Just spotted a mistake in the Board Guidelines.

"Spelling does NOT have to be perfect, well all make mistakes."

Should be "we all make mistakes", quite apt in this case.

I notice that you have also changed the Guidelines to reflect the new spell check feature. Beware bad spellers who use not the spell checker! "Prepare your posts to be torn apart if they have apparent lacking in spelling."
Hey, images in sigs work again! Woo!

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Thu Dec 16, 2004 10:03 pm

^ Problems fixed. I made that most recent part in a rush, and the Admin CP field for the Board Guidelines is about a quarter of the size of the fast reply field (how nice of the IPB developers&#33 ;) . Noticed errors are well appreciated and it's quite embarrassing that I strive for something I myself don't always achieve.

Soakologist

Post by Soakologist » Sat Dec 18, 2004 2:29 pm

Taht's oaky. Well all mkae msitaeks!
Whatever music you listen to probably sucks.

Commander_Gaunt

Post by Commander_Gaunt » Sat Dec 18, 2004 7:08 pm

Hey, that's funny.
<span style='color:gray'>There are only 3 sure things in life: Birth <span style='color:red'>Death <span style='color:gray'>and <span style='color :p urple'>Taxes

Spinner

Post by Spinner » Sat Dec 18, 2004 9:13 pm

That IS spam. We don't really want posts like that towards the 20000 mark. Don't do it again. <_<
ISS: Soaker Sagas

Submit your saga and see it up with other titans of water warfare.

Commander_Gaunt

Post by Commander_Gaunt » Sat Dec 18, 2004 9:18 pm

I apologise most sincerely and will not let it happen again.

Edit by Doom: This was almost as unnecessary. You could have edited in an apology in your first post to prevent further spamming. Funniest thing was that this was posted in a topic about the rules...
<span style='color:gray'>There are only 3 sure things in life: Birth <span style='color:red'>Death <span style='color:gray'>and <span style='color :p urple'>Taxes

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Sun Dec 19, 2004 7:32 pm

Board Guidelines updated. The change is quoted and explained below.
8) Use capitalization correctly. Posts in all capital letters on the internet are taken as shouting. Posts in only or with many capital letters are annoying. Use caps for emphasis only.
Previously it stated "Use capitalization correctly or not at all." Now I have changed my mind. Proper capitalization is now required, though, I wouldn't care much if you made your posts without any caps. However, be aware that I now added I and I'm to the word filters where they can't be not capitalized.