For Dux: PVC Sizes Labled

Build a homemade water gun or water balloon launcher and tell us about it.
SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Tue Aug 24, 2004 9:19 pm

http://www.sscentral.net/images/aphlabled.jpg

I didn't have time to label every part just yet, but this only took a few minutes and I'm hoping it'll help. Each PVC size, or part size, is color coded (all PVC is schedule 40 just like before, it's the normal white PVC). In the future article revision, the parts will be labled.

I also should say, just like in modding, do not hesitate when making homemades. Hesitation is the enemy! I designed this in the store based on what was in stock, there are many other combinations.

Green - 3"
Red - 2" (you actually will not be needing 2" PVC, this stuff steps up the 3/4" to 3". You could be like most others and make it have 2" PCs, but they would have to be longer to hold the same amount of water.)
Orange - 3/4"
Blue - 1/2"

Note where the 1/2" PVC steps up to 3/4". I did that for several reasons, one being that the pump would have been 1/2", and another being that 1/2" check valves are cheaper (at least where I live).

Also, the tubing barb screws into the 1/2" female-threaded couple if you didn't notice. Please look at the other, unedited picture in the APH article if you need to see something covered up by the colors too.

I hope this helps, I may edit something in later.

DX

Post by DX » Wed Aug 25, 2004 1:04 am

Thanks, I'm going to try and get this homemade started tomarrow.
Mess With the Best, Get Soaked Like the Rest!

2004 Red Sox - World Series Champions
2007 Red Sox - World Series Champions!

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Wed Aug 25, 2004 9:57 am

I should have said this in my first post. Just go out and buy the parts that look like that in the size it says they are. That's the easiest thing to do. When I made this I had little idea at all what the parts were called. Honestly, you don't need to know what they were called, just buy the right ones and put them together correctly.

DX

Post by DX » Wed Aug 25, 2004 10:58 pm

I'm going out in about 5 min. to buy the parts, how much will it cost?

<EDIT> Nevermind, I found out using search that it is around $50.
Mess With the Best, Get Soaked Like the Rest!

2004 Red Sox - World Series Champions
2007 Red Sox - World Series Champions!

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Wed Aug 25, 2004 11:34 pm

Umm, I would bring at least $70 to just be sure. I've spend over $150 on homemades. I suppose that my average would be around $50 each, but then again I've also made 2 Nerf homemades, Conan (rebuilt several times I might add), and others. Bring as much as you have.

Crashdummy

Post by Crashdummy » Wed Aug 25, 2004 11:40 pm

I made a home made once. It was an innertube. I cut it, plugged one end, and attempted to make the other end a super charger style think. I plugged up the part that you would fill with air at and all I had to do was plug the last open end (Tie wrapped) up to a thing for hoses that made water balloons easy to attatch (sp?) and I had an ultra powerful water worm. Too bad it has a rip now.